Red Lobster to reel in all-you-can-eat deals ... Losing too much $$

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Antisocial Virge

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Pepsei
Originally posted by: DPmaster
Originally posted by: dexvx
Heh,

Last time I had an all-you-can-eat deal at RL, it was for snow crab legs. My cousin and I estimated that we probably ate about $500-$550 (if you were to buy it at a grocery store) worth between the both of us. Yeah that stuff doesn't fill you up :)

The hell do you eat $500 of Snow Crab.

They're $3 a pound here, so what? You ate 160 pounds? AFAIK, King Crab is about $13/pound, even then thats about 40 pounds.

Hmm,

I think I got the amounts wrong then. Not sure about the weight but I can eat about 10 whole lobsters pretty easily. My cousin usually eats about 13-14 lobsters whenever there's an all you can eat.

Lobsters are about what ? $19/pound. What all-you-can-eat place would have Lobster?

I remember when it was $2 a pound when we used to buy it right off the boats as they were at the docks.

;)

DPmaster

Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Pepsei
Originally posted by: dexvx
Heh,

Last time I had an all-you-can-eat deal at RL, it was for snow crab legs. My cousin and I estimated that we probably ate about $500-$550 (if you were to buy it at a grocery store) worth between the both of us. Yeah that stuff doesn't fill you up :)

The hell do you eat $500 of Snow Crab.

They're $3 a pound here, so what? You ate 160 pounds? AFAIK, King Crab is about $13/pound, even then thats about 40 pounds.

Hmm,

I think I got the amounts wrong then. Not sure about the weight but I can eat about 10 whole lobsters pretty easily. My cousin usually eats about 13-14 lobsters whenever there's an all you can eat.

Lobsters are about what ? $19/pound. What all-you-can-eat place would have Lobster?

Pappadeaux has all-you-can-eat lobster every wednesday night. It's been about 7 months since I've been there though so not sure if they still do it. They charge you about $30 a person but it's worth it...at least to me :)

Edit - Not sure if the lobster deal is chainwide or not...the one I usually go to is in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area off of I-30 (about 2 minutes from downtown Ft. Worth).

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: guyver01
I don't think the All you can eat deal cut their profit margin.... their SLOW COOKS did.

The last time i was at Red Lobster, fo the all you can eat shrimp deal... we were there for over 2 and a half hours.....
I didn't eat alot... maybe 7 plates (and they only give you 5 shrimp on a plate... don't tell me i pigged out)... it took 20 minutes between plates.

They wouldn't hurt their profit margin so much if they had faster turnover.

They were hoping that you got tired of waiting and would leave

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Occifer
The all you can eat buffet at my pizza place is constantly plagued by Adkins retards who only eat the toppings off of the pizza leaving mounds of cheese and crust behind, as they keep returning for slices with three peices of pepperoni on top
rolleye.gif

edit: spelling and grammar

Are you serious?

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
this girl i was hanging out with just got hired at RL
and the brochure thing they gave her to read was so stupid.
everything was quoted, even words that didnt need to be and stupid buzz words.

here at Red Lobster, 'we' make an 'effort' to 'serve' the 'customer' more 'efficiently' than other 'restaruants'.

you could tell some dumbass marketing person or HR person put it together.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: gistech1978
this girl i was hanging out with just got hired at RL
and the brochure thing they gave her to read was so stupid.
everything was quoted, even words that didnt need to be and stupid buzz words.

here at Red Lobster, 'we' make an 'effort' to 'serve' the 'customer' more 'efficiently' than other 'restaruants'.

you could tell some dumbass marketing person or HR person put it together.

I enterviewed for a part time position at a major sports retailer and they had me take a telephone test from one of those flashlight security cop places. I was amazed they could think up a hundred questions regarding to stealing. I was so tempted just to fail the hell out of it just to get a response.