Red Dead Redemption = no go?

xboxist

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2002
I was so certain that this would get ported. Seemed like a great PC candidate. Wasn't it a commercial success for the consoles?

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
I have it for Xbox and yeah, it was a great game. One of the few where I got some sense of immersion in the setting.

Rockstar usually does port their games over to the PC, but it can take some time. I'm pretty sure when they released GTA3 they said that it wouldn't be ported to PC but it eventually was.

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
I'd love to get that game on PC...it's a Rockstar game so i'm positive about it being ported...2011?

NYHoustonman

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2002
Every week or so I do a news search for this :}. I'm semi-sure it'll happen at some point (this and Alan Wake are two games I'd like to see ported that really *should* be).

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
I would have thought if they were going to do this, it would have been out by XMas, but Rockstar said they had no plans to port it to the PC, so who knows at this point.

I would guess if they do plan to port it, you're looking at late 2011 for release.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Sure it'll get ported probably by next fall and it will probably run like crap.

xboxist

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2002
Hmmmm... ok, you've instilled a sense of hope into me that it could still be forthcoming.

/fistpump

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
The PC got Bully what 3 years after the PS2 version? We didn't get Warriors, one I hoped we would. I know that game's like 6 years old but I'm still hoping for a PC port lol.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
Red Dead doesnt look like it will be ported to the PC any time soon. In the case of GTAIV it got ported to PC within about a year... With Red Dead that's not the case. Also when GTAIV was ported it was a somewhat poor port, requiring a beast of a PC to run at highest settings... I didnt want to wait anymore, so I bought a used xbox. (not really purely for Red Dead but more for Super Street Fighter IV which is never coming to PC)
I dont regret my decision.