Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
red%20dead%20redemption%202.jpg

http://www.pcgamesn.com/red-dead-redemption-2/red-dead-redemption-2-teaser

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Loved the original and am surprised it hasn't been ported to PC. Maybe one of these days we will actually see RDR 2 but i'll believe it when I see it.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Such ridiculousness... Only reason I hated the first was because it wasn't on the PC where I could use my mouse like a FPS should.

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Such ridiculousness... Only reason I hated the first was because it wasn't on the PC where I could use my mouse like a FPS should.

I was kinda hoping that this announcement would have been maybe a pc remaster of the original...oh well

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
It was third person, but I understand your point. I did find it challenging in big fights, to play with only manual aim, on both ps3 and 360. If you employed the lock on feature when there were many people shooting at you, it solved the problem. At the expense of feeling like you are cheating.

I read somewhere the devs said they had no plans to port the first to PC at any point. Hopefully both will make it here eventually. And without having to wait for emulators to do it. I am ready to do the take my money meme, if they will port them.

I also saw the stock spiked following this latest announcement.

I spent a long time on consoles, so got good with the controllers. RDR is one of my favorite console games ever. I have spent hours just playing liars dice, black jack, poker, and achievements.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
It was third person, but I understand your point. I did find it challenging in big fights, to play with only manual aim, on both ps3 and 360. If you employed the lock on feature when there were many people shooting at you, it solved the problem. At the expense of feeling like you are cheating.

I read somewhere the devs said they had no plans to port the first to PC at any point. Hopefully both will make it here eventually. And without having to wait for emulators to do it. I am ready to do the take my money meme, if they will port them.

I also saw the stock spiked following this latest announcement.

I spent a long time on consoles, so got good with the controllers. RDR is one of my favorite console games ever. I have spent hours just playing liars dice, black jack, poker, and achievements.

Honestly consider they havent announced Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC, and never made any type of PC version of Red Dead Redemption despite how many fans were actually clamoring for it.

They may make a port sometime in the future, but I am just assuming they are not going to, as they quite simply are vile corporatists, and are going to probably only release it on consoles because of how deep they are with the console industry. Remember that Rockstar had originally released Grand Theft Auto 5 only for the PS3 and XBOX 360, despite the PS4 and XBOX ONE releasing only a few short months after that, and then it took over a year until the next generation versions were released, and then another 6 months until they released the PC version after that. So Rockstar not only plays the game where they play with the console industry in trying to get you to have to buy a console just to play a game, they also try to milk every single gold mine until their cavities have been exploited dry.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I killed that Bill Williamson feller good... and then played Liar's Dice for hours.

would gladly do so again

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
The game was fun but I played it only recently and I didn't get into it like everyone else did. Sure it was fun and had lots of do, but it just didn't feel that different than a normal GTA without cars. Hell, it even came with a bullet-time function that I don't particularly care for in games.

I did enjoy the gun-play though, especially once I got the Explosive Rifle. However, I did not enjoy the Gears of War style gun fights. It was almost always the same in every scenario: hide behind object, wait for enemy to pop out, shoot them in the face, repeat.

HitAnyKey

Oct 4, 2013
On second thought I have edited my post to say I think not releasing the game on PC is strange and very limiting. If GTA can come to PC why not RDR 1 and 2 ?

Would like to see the second one with a bit more RPG elements to add more replay value. I wouldn't be against a Cowboys vs Aliens expansion rather than Zombies.

Last edited:

sxr7171

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2002
The game was fun but I played it only recently and I didn't get into it like everyone else did. Sure it was fun and had lots of do, but it just didn't feel that different than a normal GTA without cars. Hell, it even came with a bullet-time function that I don't particularly care for in games.

I did enjoy the gun-play though, especially once I got the Explosive Rifle. However, I did not enjoy the Gears of War style gun fights. It was almost always the same in every scenario: hide behind object, wait for enemy to pop out, shoot them in the face, repeat.

The way everyone talks about the first makes me feel I missed out on a great game. I think I could live without. Make it for PC or no $$$.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
The way everyone talks about the first makes me feel I missed out on a great game. I think I could live without. Make it for PC or no $$$.
Same here. My cousin lent me the game for a couple of days for the PS3 and I could not get into it, partially because of the controls and the rest because I don't like roaming type open world games on the console. I usually like it linear so that I can finish it quickly and move onto my PC. Guess it's just a personal choice.
I just really hope that they may one day feel pity on us and release a PC version.

nathanddrews

Graphics Cards, CPU Moderator
Aug 9, 2016
www.youtube.com
IIRC, Rockstar has historically been very kind to the PC market, but lately they have been releasing the PC versions of games 6-12 months after consoles. To their credit, GTA5 was a brilliant PC game and well worth the wait. In fact, they've released nearly all the GTA games, all the Max Payne games, Manhunt games, Bully, LA Noir... really all of their biggest hits and even some of their losers (Oni). The only games they have done that haven't come to PC yet are:

Red Dead Redemption (PS/XB)
Some handheld GTA games (GB, PSP)
Smuggler's Run (PS2, GB)
Most of the Midnight Club racing games (PS/XB)
The Warriors (PS/XB)

If the hype for RDR2 is big enough, I strongly believe that we'll see a PC release of it. If we're lucky, they'll port over RDR1. If not, the Xenia emulator is making great progress...

Blitzvogel

Platinum Member
Oct 17, 2010
I'd like a Red Dead Redemption 1 for the PC.

At this point in time, I'd see such a thing as moot, unless Rockstar releases a remaster for Xbone and PS4, making a PC port chump change. Anyone who really wanted to play RDR has already played it on the consoles, including yours truly (beat it on PS3, still playing through on 360).

nathanddrews

Graphics Cards, CPU Moderator
Aug 9, 2016
www.youtube.com
At this point in time, I'd see such a thing as moot, unless Rockstar releases a remaster for Xbone and PS4, making a PC port chump change. Anyone who really wanted to play RDR has already played it on the consoles, including yours truly (beat it on PS3, still playing through on 360).

It took many years before GTA3, VC, and SA came to PC, but they did eventually - in fact they came to both Windows and MacOS. Rockstar does what Rockstar does.

Blitzvogel

Platinum Member
Oct 17, 2010
It took many years before GTA3, VC, and SA came to PC, but they did eventually - in fact they came to both Windows and MacOS. Rockstar does what Rockstar does.

The PC releases for all pre-GTAV games were delayed no more than a year. RDR came out six years ago......

tdawg

Platinum Member
May 18, 2001
I'm cautiously interested. I played the first, but stopped once I opened up Mexico. My biggest complaint about the game is that while you had a choice to play by either making good choices, or as an absolute bastard, the cut scenes were always as if you played as good. So you could go around killing every person and the next cut scene showed the town folk fawning over you as if you were their savior.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I loved the song that played when you first entered Mexico. That experience was pretty surreal.

tdawg

Platinum Member
May 18, 2001
I loved the song that played when you first entered Mexico. That experience was pretty surreal.

I just watched that on youtube. I love Jose Gonzalez ever since seeing The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Now I wish I hadn't grown tired of the game at that crossing! :)

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
If RDR2 hits PS4, it's another small reason for me to buy the console, but definitely not at full price. There's only one console I bought at full price and that was the PS3 to which I promptly sold online for almost twice the price. I then bought a PS3 a few years later for $100 from Hastings during a road trip. They were going out of business in that town and got a brand new PS3 for next to nothing.

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
The graphics in the RDR2 trailer look absolutely awful. It'a easy to blame the consoles on it, but upclose the details/polygon complexity on the foliage, people, objects seems like a game that started development 4-5 years ago. This game truly would benefit from a PC release and mods. Comparison Horizon Zero Dawn and RDR2 trailer's graphics is like night day. GTA V also had horrendous looking graphics and it wasn't until it was ported to PC that it started to look somewhat decent. Still, this company never pushes the technical envelope. The trailer did nothing for me to reverse that theme.