Recovering password from Windows Live Mail

Discussion in 'Software for Windows' started by Sidracks, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sidracks

Sidracks Junior Member

I forgot my password used in a private mail in Windows Live Mail, Windows 7 default mail reader.

I have an old one registered in Firefox. I need to know what the PW is, but I have no idea how may I decript the ************** (password) used in Windows Live Mail software.

Can you please suggest any programs I can use to reveal what is behind the *********** ? It doesn't matter if they are commercial.

Thanks.

2. lxskllr

lxskllr Lifer

I don't completely understand. The password is in Firefox? If so, goto Preferences-Security/Saved passwords/Show Passwords

3. Sidracks

Sidracks Junior Member

Firefox have stored the old password. I have changed myself, but I forgot what the new PW is. Firefox will not help me on this one. And Firefox does not encrypt saved passwords by default.

Windows Live Mail is the default mail reader from Windows 7. My email is from GMX. I tried recovering in their website, but also failed.

However, the current and valid password is stored in this program:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Live_Mail

But I can only see **************** instead of what I wrote in that field.

What I need: another software to reveal the contents from *************

4. bruceb

bruceb Diamond Member

#4 bruceb, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  5. Sidracks

Sidracks Junior Member

Thank you, the 2nd link worked just fine.

6. Elite3540

Elite3540 Junior Member

I would like to thank you and the OP for making this thread because you guys are freaking awesome!

Sorry for bumping up this old thread, but I find it amazing that this worked!! I forgot my mom's special E-mail adress Username's Password and with the Mail PassView I just opened it and it found my E-mail and Password + all the ports, etc very fast like lightening speed!

Thanks again and thanks all Gods and friends for making this program possible and Goodluck! ():)

---

Hi,

Welcome to AnandTech Forums. I locked the thread because the previous reply was almost three years ago.

Our members refer to such posts as "necro" posts, and some of them tend to post replies ranging from sarcastic to hostile, including possible accusations of spamming, whether warranted or not.

You are welcome to continue posting on our forums. Thanks for understanding. We hope you enjoy yourself on our forums. :)

Harvey
    Senior AnandTech Moderator/Administrator

#6 Elite3540, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.