Record company to help family being sued by the RIAA

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Nettwerk has been a good company for a long time, developing artists like Sarah McLachlan long before they became commercial (just listen to her first CD).

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: ntdz
I think it's awesome, I hate the RIAA with a passion.

yeah!!!! screw everyone that won't give us free music....those artists don't need to be paid since they make enough money at their concerts selling t-shirts...

/puts flame suit on

imported_Snagle

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2004
Originally posted by: spacejamz

yeah!!!! screw everyone that won't give us free music....those artists don't need to be paid since they make enough money at their concerts selling t-shirts...

/puts flame suit on

Regardless of your views on piracy, it's hard to deny that the RIAA isn't run by a bunch of tech-ignorant greedy douchebags.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Snagle

/puts flame suit on

Regardless of your views on piracy, it's hard to deny that the RIAA isn't run by a bunch of tech-ignorant greedy douchebags.

i am sure i have my share of my napster mp3's from back in the day on some hard drive laying around somewhere, but people just baggin on the RIAA because they can't get free MP3's anymore ain't kosher either...

how many corporations are run by tech-ignorant greedy bastards? I don't see any threads on about hating them (mayabe except Walmart and Best Buy)...people don't bag on them because they haven't taken away free mp3's....

just my 2 cents...

/flame suit still on...

Ricemarine

Lifer
Sep 10, 2004
I think it's good that a record company is helping the girl. But I bet you the girl KNEW what she was doing was ILLEGAL and was just like any other person who hoped not to get caught by the RIAA. But, $4,500 is very excessive. Course, the RIAA are the artist's saviours, rich mofos.

mjh

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Snagle

/puts flame suit on

i am sure i have my share of my napster mp3's from back in the day on some hard drive laying around somewhere, but people just baggin on the RIAA because they can't get free MP3's anymore ain't kosher either...

how many corporations are run by tech-ignorant greedy bastards? I don't see any threads on about hating them (mayabe except Walmart and Best Buy)...people don't bag on them because they haven't taken away free mp3's....

just my 2 cents...

/flame suit still on...
A common complaint that people have is with the way the RIAA handles the lawsuit once the John Doe lawsuit has been officially filed. For example, some people speculate that the RIAA only sues for a few thousand dollars because it is more likely that a suspected file sharer will settle out of court. A lot of people see the reduced number and settle out of court without even bothering to contact an attorney.

imported_Tick

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
Why doesn't the RIAA adapt? Using the same strategy more forcefully and more times does not help you cope with change.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
With all the services now-a-days, it's actually quite fair IMO....a buck a song ? I can see 5 years ago when CD's were $20 bucks the insentive to steal, but now you can get them legally for not that much.....heck, most of my CD"s cost $13 bucks that i've bought recently. It's worth it to me. I used to download stuff, but now there isn't much excuse.

mjh

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Lithium381
With all the services now-a-days, it's actually quite fair IMO....a buck a song ? I can see 5 years ago when CD's were $20 bucks the insentive to steal, but now you can get them legally for not that much.....heck, most of my CD"s cost $13 bucks that i've bought recently. It's worth it to me. I used to download stuff, but now there isn't much excuse.
People will always find a justification to not pay for something that they want for free. Many people argue that although there are many download services available, none of them are really perfect yet.