recommended alternatives to sb live w/ via chipset

scheck

Dec 1, 2000
well, my crackling problems with usb disappeared after i ditched my sb live for a hercules game theater xp. however the volume of the xp is extremely low and its seems nothing can be done to boost it after talking to tech support. i have midiland s4-7100 speakers and with all the volume maxed out the volume is equivalent to my sb live at 75% max volume. the features of the xp are great, but unless i find a solution to boost the volume, i'll have to look for another sound card. with that said, what are some other good sound cards besides the gtxp or does anyone know how to solve my volume problems. thanks.

Spearfodder

Jun 19, 2000
I was having some issues with my sblive, replaced it with a phillips accoustic edge 5.1. 80 bucks after a 20 dollar rebated from best buy.

Had it for 2 weeks now, so far I'm pleased with it. Sounds great, no problems with the drivers, no compatibility issues, all is swell. I run win2k and don't have any hesitation on recommending the card.

spanner

Jun 11, 2001
NOOOOOOOOO not santa cruz + midiland 7100's unless ofcourse they have fixed the Bass management sinse last year when I ditched the SC for a live mp3 5.1 (live5.1 + midiland 7100's rock). I am sure you did this already but have you tried the new 4 in ones from via + all the latest drivers?