Recommend me some headphones

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
I just bought a new iPOD for my musical enjoyment, and now I need some good headphones to go with it. I'm looking for some top of the line headphones, but no more than $130. If anybody has any recommendations, that would be wonderful.

Mar 15, 2003
THIS has been covered a bunch... I'll only add this because I'm in a good mood - the sr60s by Grado are great and affordable.. It sounds decent with the ipod (the sr60 really does need a clearer source than the IPOD though) but the cheaper koss portapros sound GREAT with an ipod.. I'm actually a bit of a nut and carry around my ipod with an amp that's bigger than the ipod itself so that I can use the sr60 in all of it's glory

bigalt

Golden Member
Oct 12, 2000
Originally posted by: GOSHARKS
http://www.head-fi.org

onog to that, that's a good site for that sort of thing. watch out, though, because they'll quickly have you convinced that you need a set of etymonics.

and read the previous threads.

i myself am partial to the earbud variety (real earbuds, though, not the crappy little sponge circles that come for free, like the sony EX models). They get a full sound, draw ample power from discmans and whatnot so you don't need a headphone amp to get good sound, and cost about 50 bucks.