Recommend me rpg's that are non point and click

-Slacker-

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2010
I'm looking for rpg's that I can play (well) on a controller.

I kind of developed a taste for having both hands on a small piece of plastic while parking my ass on my comfy sofa and vegetating, so I'm going to avoid anything that requires me to sit hunch backed at a desk for a while.

Games of this kind that I already played:

Arx fatalis - liked it
TES3 - kind of liked it
Gothic 1,2,3 and Risen - loved them
Arcania - meh...
TES4 - meh...
Two worlds 2 demo - hate the combat, could have been good though
Fallout3 and NV - kind of liked them

I should clarify that I'm shit at aiming and shooting on a controller, so I'd prefer something with mele combat and/or auto targeting.

Aug 11, 2008
I would recommend KOTOR 1 and 2. KOTOR 1 was probably one of my favorite games. It is older now, but except for the graphics is head and shoulders above most games coming out now.
I would also recommend Divinity 2 --Dragon Knight Saga. Be sure to get the the complete game that contains the expansion. You will hate the ending if you only purchase the first game.
All 3 of these games have pausable combat, and rely more on stats and strategy than fast twitch reflexes.

simonizor

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2010
I would recommend KOTOR 1 and 2. KOTOR 1 was probably one of my favorite games. It is older now, but except for the graphics is head and shoulders above most games coming out now.
I would also recommend Divinity 2 --Dragon Knight Saga. Be sure to get the the complete game that contains the expansion. You will hate the ending if you only purchase the first game.
All 3 of these games have pausable combat, and rely more on stats and strategy than fast twitch reflexes.

Another vote for KOTOR and Divinity 2: DKS.

Soccerman06

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
ME 1/2
Borderlands

However both of those have mouse functions, but theres probably a workaround.