Recommend me a small printer for a laptop

kag

Golden Member
May 21, 2001
www.boloxe.com
My dad bought a laptop and he would like to have a small printer to carry with him on the road.

He doesn't need anything fancy or expensive, but sometimes he needs to print stuff when he's away from his office.

Thanks for your help.

wseyller

May 16, 2004
I have a Canon i70 which is a portable printer. There may be a newer model. Keep in mind though that the feature of portability in printers cost much more.

kag

Golden Member
May 21, 2001
www.boloxe.com
Hmm the i70 is pretty expensive. I don't need a printer that falls into the "portable" category... I need a small printer, which is not always the same.

Peter

Elite Member
Oct 15, 1999
Don't even think of using a normal desktop printer on-the-go. Too many loose plastic bits to flap off or break whilst lugging it around.

The Canon i80 is the one and only. Go for it, it's worth its price.

wseyller

May 16, 2004
Originally posted by: Peter
Don't even think of using a normal desktop printer on-the-go. Too many loose plastic bits to flap off or break whilst lugging it around.

The Canon i80 is the one and only. Go for it, it's worth its price.

I agree. If the printer is not going to be in a permanetly fixed area and will be mobile or carried to different locations you would have to be very careful with it being a normal desktop printer. The portable printers like the i70 and i80 is make to be carried. In a desktop model there is a service station on the inside that caps the printheads on the ink and also provide a cleaning service. There is foam inside that collects lots of ink over time. Turning the printer over can cause a big mess if the foam is saturated enough. Inkjet printer techs commonly change and clean these areas of the printer for maintenance as it gets very nasty.

Peter

Elite Member
Oct 15, 1999
Well, he can fork out for a proper mobile printer ONCE, or buy a cheap desktop printer every couple of months.

beverage

Aug 24, 2001
canon pixima ip1500 = $50
hp 3845 = $80

small, and not too big of a hit to the wallet if they're damaged