Recommend me a 'low stress' video game..

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Any thoughts? I'm looking for something that is a bit less stressful than half-life 2 and other fps.. I never really got into the warcraft style games..

How about the sims? My girlfriend used to play it, seemed pretty low stress

Edit:

I've played a lot of these:

Portal - beat it, twice. Loved the end song :eek:

World of Goo - dloaded the demo - I refuse to pay $20 for a glorified flash game that only runs well at 1024x768 and is about two hours long.

Audiosurf - just not really my kind of game. I dunno, I'm not really all that into music I guess.

Peggle - beat it

I'm going to go pick up a tony hawk game, are there any low stress driving games? I might fire up GTA 4 without any intentions of beating missions - just run around and shoot things.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Something turn-based. Maybe Civ 4? Strategy like...

Maybe something like Zoo- or Rollercoaster Tycoon?

The Sims is pretty mundane. It's like "playing" an episode of Seinfeld. (I happen to like it in small doses)

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
hmm... low streess.. game... thinking...

FPS in godmode...

Strategy with Unlimited Resource Hack...

RPG with Hacked Stats....

Racing with....nvm.. they are stressful anyway....

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Originally posted by: SunnyD
Something turn-based. Maybe Civ 4? Strategy like...

Maybe something like Zoo- or Rollercoaster Tycoon?

The Sims is pretty mundane. It's like "playing" an episode of Seinfeld. (I happen to like it in small doses)

Sims = good. Civ4, or any RTS for that matter, = bad. Aside from tactical, one life, no save games, RTS games piss me off more than anything when some asshole neighbouring state/player decides to attack you out of the blue. I lost count of the times I had to recall my attacking armies in Total War to 'reciprocate'.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Any Simcity or Sims game.
Make sure you do easy mode on the Simcities. Its pretty much impossible to lose if you dont over extend yourself. Just build up your town slowly and enjoy it. Minimal stress.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Wouldn't any game work? The whole point of (good) games is that they should be fun, i.e. not stressful. :p

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
Originally posted by: CP5670
Wouldn't any game work? The whole point of (good) games is that they should be fun, i.e. not stressful. :p

Dead Space is a great game and it could give you a heart attack easily. ;)

esun

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2001
Try an adventure game. Basically zero stress there (except maybe Indigo Prophecy and the fast button sequences in that). You can spend as much time as you like solving a puzzle and exploring an area.

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
Usually the least stressful game is one you've already beaten before but you really enjoy. For me that would be final fantasy 7 or master of orion 2.

ultimahwhat

Aug 13, 2008
Perhaps Portal? I found the fun and interesting aspect to outweigh the occasional frustration of puzzle-solving. As long as frustration != stress for you.

TheoPetro

Banned
Nov 30, 2004
F.E.A.R.

the title is just an acronym so dont worry about it. I played through it in about 3 days, alone, in my dorm room, at night, when I was an RA before anyone else was in the dorm (only the RAs were there). Needless to say I was so not stressed I didnt leave my room once it got dark for a few nights.

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
Good suggestions here, I'd say something like a stategy type game, e.g. Civ4.

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
Age Of Empires 3 w/ all the expansions :p.... Good games :thumbsup: