RECOMMEND ME A COMPUTER GAME!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: aplefka
Originally posted by: gevorg
How about women? They are the most interesting and challenging game in the world. ;)

His budget was $100, don't know if you missed that. ;)

History of humankind has proven that men "find" new sources of money once they reach an interesting level in their game with women. :)

Originally posted by: zerocool84
How about women? They are the most interesting and challenging game in the world. ;)

They are not worth it unless there are some cheat codes to "pass the game" in the first 5min.

Games are no fun with "cheat codes", and there is no rewarding feeling of achievement. Plus, there are so many possible bonuses and powerups on the way to the win.

ZzZGuy

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2006
lets see.

* Medieval II: Total War (my highest recommendation)

WoW has Burning Crusade & Wrath of the Lynch King.
Left 4 Dead (MP only)
Company of Heroes
Maybe Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance (stand alone expansion) if you REALLY like large scale RTS's.
Fallout 3
Call of Duty 4, MP can be a blast.
Neverwinter Nights 2 (top down RPG on D&D rules), do NOT get the latest expansion, though I forget what it is called.
Dawn of War: 40K /w expansions included.

If you like turn based games, Galactic Civilization II & Civilization IV

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
left4dead or team fortress2

He will get bored of L4D after a couple days while TF2 can provide endless entertainment. He should just get the Orange Box. Now that's a bunch of games to keep someone busy for a long time.

ZzZGuy

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2006
Originally posted by: zerocool84
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
left4dead or team fortress2

He will get bored of L4D after a couple days while TF2 can provide endless entertainment. He should just get the Orange Box. Now that's a bunch of games to keep someone busy for a long time.

I find TF2 boring actually.

Oct 30, 2004

He said he liked Starcraft. Hence I'm recommending Sins of a Solar Empire which also has an online multiplayer component.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
You want us to recommend you to a computer game? :confused:

"Fall Out 3, boy do I have someone for you to meet. He'll play you to his heart's content and enjoy every minute of it." :confused:

Oct 30, 2004

Maybe he's already getting lots of pooty-tang and needs a game to play while he reloads, if you know what I mean.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Stalker Clear Sky and Far Cry 2 will keep you busy for some time, especially if you explore all areas and do all side-quests.

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006
Originally posted by: WhipperSnapper

Maybe he's already getting lots of pooty-tang and needs a game to play while he reloads, if you know what I mean.

Staying with parents and going to game 12 hours a day? I call shens on getting any pooty-tang, ever.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Originally posted by: ZzZGuy
lets see.

* Medieval II: Total War (my highest recommendation)

Do you really like that game? :confused: I thought it was kinda crap. :(

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
Originally posted by: TridenTBoy3555

Staying with parents and going to game 12 hours a day? I call shens on getting any pooty-tang, ever.

You're one to talk.

Alphathree33

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: ConstipatedVigilante

You're one to talk.

Source of Pooty-Tang will be in New York for the 10 days I'm with my parents, hence need for something to do.

tyler811

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: Cdubneeddeal
12 hours a day gaming? Are you going to eat, shit, shower?

Yes all in the same spot while in front of the computer

tyler811

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: ConstipatedVigilante

You're one to talk.

FTW lol

Superrock

Oct 28, 2000
FPS: Orange box(inifinite replayability with TF2) or Bioshock( best storyline in a long time)

OR

MMO: Warhammer (it's lots of fun for the first month or so)