Recommend me a Car Stereo Head Unit so i can hook up my Apple iPOD... Perhaps something with a jack on the unit itself?

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
You guys have any recommendations regarding a pretty good head unit that has a jack in the front?

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Well, there is a device called iTrip that broadcasts your ipod on a short-range FM singal so you can pick it up off your radio turner. While you might first question the quality, a friend of mine has it and you really can't tell any degredation. It is a car, not a home theater. When you are playing 128-192 kbs MP3s in a car, usually what's going to cause the greatest drop of quality is the environment or the music quality, not the FM bandwidth.

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Elemental007
Well, there is a device called iTrip that broadcasts your ipod on a short-range FM singal so you can pick it up off your radio turner. While you might first question the quality, a friend of mine has it and you really can't tell any degredation. It is a car, not a home theater. When you are playing 128-192 kbs MP3s in a car, usually what's going to cause the greatest drop of quality is the environment or the music quality, not the FM bandwidth.

really? i thought the itrip was just crappy overall... those transmitters can only do so much ya know?

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Elemental007

really? i thought the itrip was just crappy overall... those transmitters can only do so much ya know?

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
go check out www.ipodlounge.com. there's a bunch of stuff ppl have done to integrate their ipods into their car stereo systems, from fm transmitters (which seem to be hit and miss) to other things.

~erik