Recommend good serial/TV show on DVD?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GoodToGo

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Originally posted by: cucumber
Originally posted by: GoodToGo
Originally posted by: Lager
The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, anything HBO.

Watched some Sopranos, thought it sucked. Six Feet under is a good idea.

How much Sopranos have you seen? Give it a chance. That has to be one of the best, most addictive shows I've
ever seen.

Well to be honest, I am not into the whole "mafia" thing so it does not interest me.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Joker81
OZ but be careful there are naked men in it
Oz is one of my all time favorite shows. Some people just cant get past the homosexuality presented in it though...

Led Zeppelin

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2002
Watch the Sopranos and understand/comprehend what you are watching, follow the storylines. You'll be addicted in no time flat.

Incredible Hulk 6-disc set is really good as well.

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
Another vote for either Cowboy Bebop and/or Escaflowne. For some reason, I really like a good Anime series every now and then.

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
FireFly, Sports Night, Family Guy season 2, Curb your Enthusiasm, Dark Angel Season 1 & 2

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
The Dead Zone is probably one of the most overlooked, quality shows out there IMO. That's mostly because it's on USA and they air new episodes on a summer-oriented schedule which is opposite most networks.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
If you want to laugh your arse off, rent BBC's Coupling. Start with Season 1 of course. :)

mikepeck

Jun 20, 2000
Well if your tastes are such that you don't like M*A*S*H, then perhaps a lesser show like Buffy or Dark Angel might be more to your liking ;)

In all seriousness, MASH is about the character development and the stance it takes on war. The later being very relvant today.

Good luck on your search.

Beller0ph1

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2003
Law and Order. I get so involved that I try to count how many times they play the "dunh, dunh" sound, but get too caught up in the story.