Recommend an indoor antenna?

Raswan

Jan 29, 2010

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
I have been using this one for about three years to pick up the local broadcast channels. It can be use indoors or mounted outside and works great for me in a weaker signal area than yours.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Believe it or not I still use my old $2.99 rabbit ears from some old TV I bought 30 years ago. I pull in arround 25+ HD channels OTA.

asen

May 20, 2012
The Mohu Leaf is very popular on Amazon, has 1300 reviews at almost 5 stars. Check TVFool first to see what you can expect or contact Mohu's customer support, they are very helpful

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I have abour 15' of speaker wire I use. I only use it for testing TV's but it does a good job. You don't need much to pick up digital broadcast TV.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
I have been using this one for about three years to pick up the local broadcast channels. It can be use indoors or mounted outside and works great for me in a weaker signal area than yours.

i make these out of dowel rods and coat hangers. costs about $2.50 to make and they work better then any antenna ive bought. theyre a bit of an eyesore though.. that leaf antenna would be nice just to look at.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
With the very short distances you have from the stations just about anything will work, Those are all UHF stations too so no need for the long rabbit ears type. Really a bow tie antenna will work fine for your situation, anything too big , being that close to the stations and you could actually get too much signal.

They used to be sold with rabbit ears sets, but now are a bit harder to find, here is a pic of one :
5a3-110.gif

philipma1957

Golden Member
Jan 8, 2012
first off having used ota tv all of my 55 years. Just ended my ota use as I had a new roof put on my home.

you need a vhf and a uhf antenna nbc is vhf by your home. You are close to the stations barring interference it should be easy for you.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/RCA+-+In...&skuId=8280834

this will get both uhf and vhf. I hope it works out for you.

If you want to see my old setup pm me I will post a link to photos of my 20 foot monster on my roof as I live 60 miles from NYC and Phillie Pa. At 55 I am no longer going up to my roof for maintenance and I just sold my setup on ebay.

Last edited: