Rage Against The Machine - Revolver
Korn - Right Now
Slipknot - The Blister Exists
Slipknot - Before I Forget

the heavier the better

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
i like "How i could just kill a man" too, and i'd say that's pretty heavy...

some Pantera perhaps ;)

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Hmm ... the heaviest stuff I have is either Deathgrind or Harmonic Black metal.

Some of my favorite Death Grind bands/songs are .....
Bloodbath *.* (a few examples are: The Soul Collecter, Eaten, Brave new Hell)
Isacaarum *.* (my favorite is probably their CD "Cun* Hackers", best songs ... "Vag1na Panzerfaust", "Irrumatrix")
Also, anything by these bands .... Deflorace, Pigsty, Gorerotted, Anasarca, and many more .....

My favorite among Harmonic Black Metal is
ANYTHING by Abigor. They are frickin insane to the extreme. My favorite CDs of theirs are probably Apokalyse and Satanized though everything by them great.
Another great and pretty much unknown in this genre, is Arafel. The songs The Birth, The First Battle, and The Ice are among my favorites.

If you want something a bit more melodic and atmospheric, with some more electronics thrown in, and still insanely heavy, check out "The Summoning" and "Nazgul".

There's also Grindcore bands like Oxidised Razor and Agorophobic Nosebleed, they are very very heavy, but they really aren't that good IMO.

Also, when it comes to slow but heavy, the stoner rock bands Electric Wizard and Khanate are hard to beat. (Listen to Khanate - No Joy, and/or Electric Wizard - Electric Wizard).

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
What you have posted as examples are not heavy..

Heavy:

Unearth - The Great Dividers, Failure, This Lying World, Zombie Autopilot (this band fvcking rules)
Opeth - Deliverance, Masters Apprentices, Serenity Painted Death, The Leper Affinity, Blackwater Park (this band owns, nothing they do is bad)
Abigor - Repulsor (Hi BurnItDown :cool: )
Arch Enemy - Instinct, Enemy Within, Savage Messiah (all pretty decent)
Dimmu Borgir - Blessings Upon the Throne of Tyranny, Kings of Carnival Creation (anything really)
Children Of Bodom - Sixpounder, Black Widow (some of their stuff isn't that hard, these tracks are pretty heavy)
Between The Buried And Me - Camilla Rhodes, Mordecai, Lost Perfect (a and b)
Dark Tranquility - The New Build, Through Smudged Lenses, Lost To Apathy, Damage Done

Meshuggah (not only heavy, but brutal) - Concatenation, New Millenium Cyanide Christ, Neurotica, The Exquiste Machinery of Torture, Greed, Qualms of Reality, Humiliative, Stengah, Rational Gaze, Closed Eye Visuals

If you're looking for more of a brutal, gore/grind, thrash, melodic, etc sound let me know.