Recommend a coffee

AgentEL

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
So, my gf wants a coffee maker for valentine's and wants me to pick out some coffee for her. However, she doesn't like the "bitter" taste of coffee. She always puts packets and packets of sugar.

I know, it sounds like she doesn't really want coffee. It seems like she really wants is hot chocolate with caffeine.

So, can anyone recommend a sweet-tasting, or less bitter, coffee?

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
This is like those commercials for Keystone beer......it's SUPPOSED to be bitter, dammit!

That said; I dunno. Most "good" coffee is going to be pretty strong.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
flavored coffee liek french rost and irish cream isnt as bitter as plain coffee. go to one of thoes coffee places in teh mall and see what they have. one nera me has like 1000 diff kinds

and you can ask them what they recomend
basically anything you find in teh supermarket is going to be bitter

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Millstone makes a Kahlua Vanilla flavored coffee that is nice and smooth. You can pick that up at most Wamart supercenters.

Carbo

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2000
For starters, avoid Starsucks at all costs! It is flat out awful, and frequented by know-no-better dimwits who still believe that crappy franchise is happening.
As for coffee being bitter, that's only because you are making it that way. If you want the best coffee you've ever sampled, strong but not bitter, fragrant and aromatic, I invite you to my house tomorrow morning for Carbo's Famous Colombian, with a homemade muffin on the side...........(that would be Mrs. Carbo).

Mr N8

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Breakfast Blends tend to be nice a mild. Just read the labels, and go for a mild to medium brew.

Also, decaf is nowhere near as bitter as regular, because caffeine is what usually gives the coffee the bitter taste. That, and the brew time may be too long.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
I'd like to help, but as I like my coffee as strong as Arnold and as bitter as Reddawn I can't make any suggestions. ;)

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
I'd like to help, but as I like my coffee as strong as Arnold and as bitter as Redden I can't make any suggestions. ;)
Me too! gotta be black and oily beans for me.