Recognizing steam saves without Xlive folder?

carling220

Dec 16, 2011
Hi,

I copied all my save files before re-installing. However arkham asylum and dirt 2 won't recognize these games. Online searching tells me that it's because I needed to copy the x-live folder from local > microsoft also.

Is there a way around this or have I lost my 10 hours of batman?

I'd love to know why they over complicate things so much?

Alternatively, would there be a way out somewhere to simply cheat batman, and get it to start at the checkpoint near where I was to save some time, a crack of some sort?

Any advice appreciated, cheers.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Welcome to the crap that is known as GFWL. Horrible DRM.

In short, nope, you are most likely SOL if you were using a offline profile.
If you are using a online one, in theory, you should be able to sign into your GFWL account, and it should find your saves again (if it works).

No known cheats for Batman.

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
From what I remember, this was back for fallout 3 i believe, but might be the same for Batman, and any other Xlive Games, is they do not save in the normal locations, it is buried under your user profile, in the local or roaming folders dont' remember which ie (c: \users(for 7 and Vista) or c: \documents and settings\(for XP)) so unless you backed that up I believe they are gone

and the folder name was something that would not make you thing that is where the saves were located.
so it was not like xlive or games for windows live or something like that

Last edited: