Rechargeable Batteries

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BuckNaked

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Walgreens has 4 packs of Energizer rechargeable AA's on sale for $7.99, which is a decent battery at a very good price. I would also recommend the MAHA charger from Thomas Dist...

uhohs

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2005
i'm hoping amazon drops the price of the lacrosse charger back down to $30 someday. :(

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Sniper82
I noticed they have some Titanium 2700mah batteries. I am deciding between them or the 2100mah Enduro's you recommended. I like the fact that the Enduro's keep charge longer but would it be worth it to just go with the 2700mah's since they will last longer when used after a charge? ATM I just have enough to get the charge and a pack of 4 batteries of something else. I'm no battery expert but would the 2700mah batteries last a noticable amount of time over the 2100mah's?

I mostly will be using them in digital cameras but thats mostly about it.
27/20=35% (Sanyo's are rated 2000mAh, and make it). Probably noticeable, but consider how you'll use it. If you're going to leave the camera for weeks at a time, the Eneloop (er, "Endura") batteries will do well, not discharging so badly. They just won't last quite as long in sustained use, but then, if you charge up spares while practicing such use, they'll be ready when you need them.

The problem w/ normal NIMHs is leaving them for a month or two in real conditions (not dry 70F) leaves them near dead, and harms them in the long run. Eneloops should do much better on both counts.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=9
Do some searching there (and check out the NIMH shootout) for more info.

If you want to just get some batteies and use them, go to walmart and pick up a Kodak or Energizer 2500mAh 4x battery and charger kit.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
If you want the best batteries, they are Sanyo 2700mAh AAs. I got mine from here, along with their charger. Both work great, and price-wise they are in line with the better name brand rechargables out there. I use the Sanyos in everything from my DSLR battery grips to my XBOX 360 controllers; the life is unbeatable.