Recently Heard This Woman On an Electrical Violin...

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
anyway i play in quartets on the viola during the summer in and near philadelphia for some extra money...anyway i eneded up playing at this wedding with a woman around 26 yrs of age who was the first violin....anyways we got to talking and shes been playing since she was five and has actually been to india for 5 yrs just to study different technique and style....

anyways she says she's played in some rock bands and gone on tour with rod stewert once and explained how she got into playing with them...after some confusions he showed me her electric violin, which ive known about and scene but never really heard...but i aksed her to play some stuff with her wireless amp and man it was great....she could pla a perfect stairway to heaven, ELO, the devil went down to georgia, purple haze...all off the top of her head and figuring it out as she went along....

anyways im going to look into it becuase it sounds awesome and is really fun, she gave me some books and numbers and im going to get into it...

currently ripping her CD onto my comp to listen to, its not free though so i shouldnt share...

Originally posted by: Descartes
One of my violin instructors played the fiddle, and he had one as well. Pretty cool...

Isn't a violin and fiddle the same thing?

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
i have gotten into a habit of using anyways for a period or new paragraph or......... im to lazy to think of a better transition..

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: dwell
Originally posted by: Descartes
One of my violin instructors played the fiddle, and he had one as well. Pretty cool...

Isn't a violin and fiddle the same thing?

Yes, but you "play the fiddle." It's primarily a style that just gets its own name.

PlasticJesus

Mar 16, 2001
Speaking of "what are you hiding", what's up with this "he showed me her electric violin"?

Maybe it's too bad that an electric violin is not something we hear more of. I really like the sound in John Mellencamp's "Check It Out".

jamesbond007

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
You've definitely gotta check out the group called "Bond". I suggest starting with their album called "Shine". If you like the girl's music you were talking about, you'll LOVE these women...did I mention they're hot??? :D

Rock on!

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: jamesbond007
You've definitely gotta check out the group called "Bond". I suggest starting with their album called "Shine". If you like the girl's music you were talking about, you'll LOVE these women...did I mention they're hot??? :D

Rock on!

i think i saw them on good morning america yrs back....yeah they are good