Recent threats and warnings against US of A

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Originally posted by: gevorg
Why do countries think that they can give warnings and threats to US nowadays? First, its these turks with their denial of genocide, and now China with their Tibet issue? Who's next, Zimbabwe?

Because our military is stretched thin at the moment. If we were not fighting the global War on Islam, some of these countries would think twice before provoking us.

Totally idiotic and boils down to might makes right. When what a country is saying really depends on moral authority.

And which country has moral authority? Moral authority and the moral high ground are copouts because morality is based on perception and belief. You're beliefs and morals may differ from mine or some guy living in Zimbabwe. I'm tired of hearing this crap about moral highground and whatnot.

You do not deserve America, Sinsear. This country was founded by people who were willing to die for their belief in the universality of morality and the existence of Creator granted inalienable rights, morals so basic and fundamental that even monkeys have them. What you are is a sophistical intellectual divorced from all understanding of your self, a lost soul who does not feel. Moral authority is the most powerful force in the human universe because it is innate and he who calls to truth will be heard against any and all odds.

The truth will out and that is an absolute. If there were no truth there would be no misery and there's tons and tons of that. The soul suffers because of our separation from God. We may hate what makes us suffer but we also long for relief. Nothing can stand before the will of God and nothing can make Him go away.

So it's a religious thing then?

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Originally posted by: blackangst1
Originally posted by: DarkThinker
Why do countries think that they can give warnings and threats to US nowadays? First, its these turks with their denial of genocide, and now China with their Tibet issue? Who's next, Zimbabwe?

...<<If we were not fighting the global War on Islam, some of these countries would think twice before provoking us.

No really? First it was the war on Iraq, then it became the war on "Terrorism", now it's the war on Islam?? What's next? Am I to head to the nearest Ohio concentration camp for "Muslims Who Did Not Realize They Are At War With Their Own Country"?

To answer the OP, with people in power with no more wisdom than Sinsear has, no wonder no one fears the United States anymore...

I get your point, but you kinda wrote it wrong. First it was war on terror, THEN war in Iraq. The war on Islam was created by the Muslims themselves.. Not our government.

Which pretty negates your next paragraph.

Alleged scriptural evidence for the existence of the alleged war is found in ahadith, one of the most popular ones that supposedly prophesizes a war against Islam "is the so-called Tradition of Thawban":

An early modern example of belief in the alleged war is the book Qadat al-gharb yaquluman: dammiru al-Islam, ubidu ahlahu (Western Leaders Are Saying: Destroy Islam, Annihilate All of Its People) written by Jalal `Alam and published in 1977. [4]

Evidence of the strength of the belief can be found in opinion polls that found as of late 2006/ early 2007, strong majorities -- at least 70% -- in the Muslim countries of Egypt, Morocco, Pakistan, and Indonesia, answering "yes" to the pollsters' question: do you believe the United States seeks to ?weaken and divide the Islamic world??,

Muslims who use this term generally point to the Crusades and European colonization of their lands as an example of an attempt to destroy the Muslim way of life. More recently, Western support for Israeli occupation of Jerusalem and the continued existance of the State of Israel has been criticized

Do you take me for an fool blackangst1?

From my point of view and relying on strictly historic facts, western powers haven't let anyone yet in the middle-east and other Muslim countries have peace since the end of the Crusades. Colonization and surgical divisions have brought on grave problems that we still suffer from till now over threre, not even in our modern time can Muslim nations feel peace with all the destruction that is happening in the ME due to western greed in land and power, do you truly expect a guy from over there to believe that the west is deeply concerned for his freedom and future meanwhile their own countries are headed towards economical and social disasters? Do you expect me to believe our government has doused itself from head to toe in debts and trouble just because they want to see a free Iraq? Of course the greed for oil and strategic land is at the heart of the problem. Now given the fact that most Muslims know this and have the energy to resist such campaings, it is in the best interest of western countries to defeat Islam over there so that no one stops in their path.

Here is a similar example, go back in history, take a look on how dirty the Crusades were. The Crusades were mainly fueled by the lust for strategic land that can bring on profits and influence. The church found a way to brainwash the ignorant Europeans of the dark ages about how Muslims restrict Christians from accessing their "Lord's" land and how it needs to be retrieved from these savages, and how they can buy their way into heaven and stuff like that. You see Islam(ideologically) wasn't the problem for the Church, the goal was purely to get the land and the power, however Muslims have it engraved in their beliefs to protect the second holiest place to them and the only way to get the land would be to eliminate them, so that's how it became a battle fueled by religious hatred. Well if there is something I can be proud of, is that Muslims and Arabs gave the Crusaders an ass kicking which effects lasted for a long time. They didn't defeat them because they were Christian, but because they were Crusaders, and proved themselves morally superior by electing to allow those who wish to flee back to do so.

I'll tell you something you have been foaming at the mouth to hear; I view the Iraq war the same way I view the Crusades.
The aim isn't religious, the oil and the land outweigh anything else that can be found in any holy book. However Muslims find themselves again standing in between western greeds and their safety and freedom, and that's why it's essential to eliminate Muslims to seize control of what is important. You would be delusional not to believe that in the current energy crisis the world is going through the world's third largest oil reserve bares no influence on the country that holds it.

Had Iraq been a Bhuddist, Hindu, Christian or Jewish nation, the situation would have been the same, the invading countries would have needed to focus on the destruction of the doctrine of faith that gives people psychological and national motivation to carry on resisting.

Then we move on the prophet Mohammad's PBUH alleged hadith (statement from him), I personally cannot attest to the validity of this hadith. It requires research to determine such things, hadith in Islam is a science of it's own, there are scales of validity and truth measurement, which more or less give you an idea of how many people were there when it was said, who they were and who was that recorded... it's a whole different topic.
So since I am not very familiar with this one I treat it with high suspicion, however for the sake of argument I will treat it as if it was a valid hadith:

In your link prophet Mohammad (PBUH) states the following
"The nations are about to flock against you [the Muslims] from every horizon, just as hungry people flock to a kettle. We said: O Messenger of God, will we be few on that day? He said: No, you will be many in number, but you will be scum, like the scum of a flash-flood, without any weight, since fear will be removed from the hearts of your enemies, and weakness (wahn) will be placed in your hearts. We said: O Messenger of God, what does the word wahn mean? He said: Love of this world, and fear of death"

I don't know about you man, but for something that has been predicted 1400+ years ago, that's a pretty damn accurate portrayal of what the current situation is like. Muslims are huge in numbers but they are rather useless in majority when it comes to down to earth action otherwise we wouldn't have countries like Israel eating up our land little by little. I don't see what's so outrageous about this. 1400 years ago and it still sounds more credible and accurate than anything Bush can say today with what is available to him.

So in conclusion, Muslims have been under attack from Christian / Western nations for hundreds of years, and that's supposed to be somehow in some mysterious way our fault? I lost you man, you have Sinsear chanting "War on Islam!" and you backing him, then turning around and pointing the finger at my people for getting attacked all the time, what kind of twisted logic is this?
I am proud to stand up and say what I believe in exactly with no fear, why don't you do the same and share your real ideas with me?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Dark: Believe it or not I agree with much of what you had to say. Somewhere we got disconnected, and if it was me then I apologize. However, this statement by you

So in conclusion, Muslims have been under attack from Christian / Western nations for hundreds of years, and that's supposed to be somehow in some mysterious way our fault

couldnt be truer. Which has been my stance all along. The left who want to politicize this and somehow think "the war against Islam" was created in the last 10 years is bullshit and selective acknowlegement of the truth. As you've said, the war between Christianity in ALL it's flavors has been at war with Islam in ALL it's flavors for centuries. The opposite is true as well. That we agree on 100%.

May 16, 2000
Because the US is continuing to act like an abusive, imperialistic, piece of crap and DESERVES all actions threatened, or actually taken against it.

And that's coming from a staunch patriot and veteran of war.

I'm not saying what other nations do is correct either, but so long as the US behaves as it does no one is going to have a positive response for us.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands
Because the US is continuing to act like an abusive, imperialistic, piece of crap and DESERVES all actions threatened, or actually taken against it.

I'm not saying what other nations do is correct either, but so long as the US behaves as it does no one is going to have a positive response for us.

I guess we'll look for you on CNN with a dirty nuke then ;)

May 16, 2000

Not a chance. That would harm innocent Americans. I'm more of a surgical strike type of guy.

Jun 26, 2007

Stripping down NATO support? Alienating the UK? Declaring about half of the world your enemies?

See, i don't really care if you have five midgets by your side, i'll still kick your arse so bad you'll have to keep swallowing to keep down your uterus.

You are not the voice of the US, even thought you sound as stupid as the chimpanzee who is.

Jun 26, 2007

Not a chance. That would harm innocent Americans. I'm more of a surgical strike type of guy.

I did not expect this response from you.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

OIC. OK a dirty nuke in a specific neighborhood. Got it ;) Since Americans, and I quote, "DESERVES all actions threatened, or actually taken against it" I'll keep an eye out for you.

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield

I did not expect this response from you.

That I'm not willing to harm innocents or that I'm perfectly ok with the calculated execution of government officials?

I'd be shocked to learn that anyone on ATOT would be surprised with either of those stances by me.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
If the Muslim world is OK with a Jehad against all non-muslims, maybe we should just bring it back to them. The world is becoming a dangerous place. We have to find an intelligent way to fight back or the western world is going to die and be replaced with Muslim Extremists. Is that what you want?

Feel free to point out the best solution.

As for me I am against the War in Iraq. I think Sadam's regime was going to crumble soon after his death. We should have just let it destroy itself from the inside. There was no reason to invade Iraq. However, there was also no reason for the oil for food campaign either. If they wanted to be a warrior nation they should have been allowed to starve to death.

If you feed a nation full of muslim extremists you are just feeding the enemy of civilization.

dyna

Oct 20, 2006
That I'm not willing to harm innocents or that I'm perfectly ok with the calculated execution of government officials?

I'd be shocked to learn that anyone on ATOT would be surprised with either of those stances by me.

So your saying you may be the next Lee Harvey Oswald?

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: dyna

So your saying you may be the next Lee Harvey Oswald?

I'm saying under certain circumstances I can imagine being ok with the calculated execution of government officials.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: piasabird
If the Muslim world is OK with a Jehad against all non-muslims, maybe we should just bring it back to them. The world is becoming a dangerous place. We have to find an intelligent way to fight back or the western world is going to die and be replaced with Muslim Extremists. Is that what you want?

As for me I am against the War in Iraq. I think Sadam's regime was going to crumble soon after his death. We should have just let it destroy itself from the inside. There was no reason to invade Iraq. However, there was also no reason for the oil for food campaign either. If they wanted to be a warrior nation they should have been allowed to starve to death.

If you feed a nation full of muslim extremists you are just feeding the enemy of civilization.

Notice how you search for a means to demonize the other so you can justify your butchery. It is what others on the other side are also trying to do. You will help to furnish then with a similar excuse.

I think the food program was there in part to feed children, Muslim extremist, doubtlessly, but children.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: piasabird

Notice how you search for a means to demonize the other so you can justify your butchery. It is what others on the other side are also trying to do. You will help to furnish then with a similar excuse.

I think the food program was there in part to feed children, Muslim extremist, doubtlessly, but children.

Butchery requires no explanation except the force required to carry it out.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield

Stripping down NATO support? Alienating the UK? Declaring about half of the world your enemies?

See, i don't really care if you have five midgets by your side, i'll still kick your arse so bad you'll have to keep swallowing to keep down your uterus.

You are not the voice of the US, even thought you sound as stupid as the chimpanzee who is.

1st - UK is not a superpower anymore to have its say on everything. Remember, we're not your colony anymore :D

2nd - Start learning geography, Iran, Iraq and North Korea are not, I repeat, ARE NOT, half of the world.

3rd - calm down, your empty internet insults are worthless.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Turkey never threatened the U.S.

It simply said we won't kiss your ass anymore if you pass a resolution condemning our past when we have been good to you this entire time

I hate to say it but Bush has better foreign relations skills than Pelosi.

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001

USA threat everyone. :roll:

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
Originally posted by: FoBoT
yeah, China , Turkey and Russia can all go screw themselves

USA can't defeat the entire world. What if every single country think USA is going out of hand and needed to be stopped? What would USA do? Destroy the planet?

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
Originally posted by: BarneyFife

Why does the US think they can give warnings and threats?

When did US gave warnings and threats to turkey and china? Turkey is our NATO "ally", and China is a major economic partner. As long as the country did not hit the low bottom (Iraq/n, North Korea, etc), US is diplomatic to them and does not use any threats.

Do you actually believe what you wrote?