'Recent posts' thread views and threads started by ignored users

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I think that (some of?) the 'recent posts' views don't show threads started by ignored users. I kind of follow the logic there but I'm not sure I subscribe to that logic myself. Is there a way of controlling this behaviour or working around it? I'd like to be able to use the various ways of requesting recent posts but ideally I'd like to also be able to see threads even if they were started by people on my ignore list.

Reactions: Amol S.

coercitiv

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2014
I'd like to also be able to see threads even if they were started by people on my ignore list.
I came to this forum with a similar observation.

In the CPU forum thread list I cannot see the thread called Intel Cannonlake, Ice Lake, Tiger Lake & Sapphire Rapid Thread. I can only see the thread in the little preview available on https://forums.anandtech.com/ if the thread happens to contain the most recent post in the entire forum. The thread was started by a user on my ignore list, and contains an important discussion on that forum. Short term it's easy to deal with, but long term it may hinder the usage of the ignore list, as some of the more opinionated people around here tend to be very active too, maybe even purposely start threads on important subjects.

Normally I would consider this a possibly difficult task, but seeing there's already an (accidental?) exception in place - the preview from the root of the forum - makes be believe there may be ways around this.