Recent poll confirms that the vast majority of anti-vaxxers are now right-wing/Trump supporters.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
For the first time in decades the ideological split of anti-vaxxers on the political spectrum is NOT equal or anywhere near equal.

Virtually all the science denialists and crystal worshipping dumbasses were drawn into Qanonsense during the pandemic creating a Venn Diagram that is a singular perfect circle of stupid.

"This isn't to say that believing a conspiracy theory about the election and not having gotten a dose of the vaccine aren't correlated. They are. The Monmouth poll showed that 64% of people who falsely think that Biden won because of voter fraud also have not received a vaccine dose.
Indeed, a lot of this breaks into partisan camps.
Most Democrats in this poll (and others) have either received a vaccine dose (83%) or think Biden won fair and square (90%).
Likewise, a lot of Republicans haven't gotten a vaccine dose (40% in this poll and closer to 50% in other polls) or believe Biden won due to voter fraud (57%)."

Reactions: Muse

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
The vast majority of blacks and Hispanics aren't vaccinated based on the stats I just looked at. I'm trying to reconcile that with your pole results and it isn't working. Was the pole only for registered voters?

Reactions: Leeea

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Pool?

But considering we are talking about the cess pool of trump supporters, perhaps that is the correct term.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
The article talks about those who "have not received a vaccine dose", rather than those who are ideologically opposed to vaccines or believe conspiracy-theories about them. Surely those are not exactly the same categories? Though the latter is likely to be a sub-set of the former, surely people might not have recieved a vaccine because for-one-reason-or-another they haven't been offered it yet, or they are genuinely medically unable to have it?

The vast majority of blacks and Hispanics aren't vaccinated based on the stats I just looked at. I'm trying to reconcile that with your pole results and it isn't working. Was the pole only for registered voters?

What do the Poles have to do with it? This was a US survey, no?

Reactions: Leeea

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
My curiosity doesn't run that deep.

As we've seen on a great many topics. Maybe you should skip the thread subjects you can't bring yourself to learn from, you might be considered something other than a feckless troll. Outside chance, but still.

Science denying partisans who want racist fascism instead of democracy are reaping their whirlwind, are willing to die or be a long hauler for their culture war and devotion to a traitor.

Oh well.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Go read the methodology, it's in the link.

I read it. I read the whole article, I am very curious. I then read Welshbloke's post, in its entirety.

It does not seem to answer the question? The only thing I can see is the poll was heavily weighted toward white people? This polls seems to indicate that among white people the neanderthals are holding us back.

Everything I have heard from alternative sources indicate that minorities are not getting the vaccine in quantity. This to me is a much larger problem. They are frequently at much higher risk and more frequently face adverse health outcomes.

Last edited:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I read it. I read the whole article, I am very curious. I then read Welshbloke's post, in its entirety.

It does not seem to answer the question? The only thing I can see is the poll was heavily weighted toward white people? This polls seems to indicate that among white people the neanderthals are holding us back.

The US is a little over 60% white so the poll appears to be weighted correctly.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Wow, got it. That right there is a true sign of a modern Republican that doesn't give a shit about fact checking and will spew their own misinformation, sorry I mean opinions, as facts.
I asked a question. Though I should have known not to because of the hypersensitive nature of many here. Let me give you a little advice that will help you as you grow into adulthood. When someone asks questions about a topic you're passionate about, it's not always an attack. Sometimes, it's just a question. When you start ranting and making accusations all you're doing is presenting yourself as a fool.

Reactions: JWade

JWade

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
www.heatware.com
all the vaccines are still only approved for emegancy use. i know multiple people who are waiting for the vaccines to get final approval and not just emergency use. their reasoning is that as time goes on, side effects of the vaccines are becoming known. they weigh the side effects vs death rate from the virus. i wouldnt call them anti-vaxers, i would classify them as anti-unapproved for regular use vaxers, of vaccines that we are still finding out side-effects of.

am i vaccinated? thats a personal medical question. do you have an STD? do you have hepatitis C? Do you do anal? many countries require it for travel, i like to travel and do travel internationally. I believe in HIPA. I will never ask anyone if they are vaccinated against anything (except if they step on a nail i will ask them when their last tetnus was).

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
The US is a little over 60% white so the poll appears to be weighted correctly.

-blinks-

Your right. My bad. My perspective is skewed, to many minorities in my life. Incorrect of me to extrapolate that out.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
I will never ask anyone if they are vaccinated against anything

I do all the time. First question before entering a shared space with them, I want to know if I need to wear a mask.

Yes I am vaccinated, but I know people who are not. I would rather not have them infected.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
all the vaccines are still only approved for emegancy use. i know multiple people who are waiting for the vaccines to get final approval and not just emergency use. their reasoning is that as time goes on, side effects of the vaccines are becoming known. they weigh the side effects vs death rate from the virus. i wouldnt call them anti-vaxers, i would classify them as anti-unapproved for regular use vaxers, of vaccines that we are still finding out side-effects of.

They're going to have some other excuse when the FDA gives full approval later this year.