Receipts for WMD found.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Oh joy. Satire is dead.

At least The Daily Show is still funny (sometimes).

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Well if true... and it may be...

Where the heck are they? We better find them. Send the entire capacity to the task... if we don't find them we or someone may and not in a docile condition... I am worried about who has what and where.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Where the heck are they? We better find them. Send the entire capacity to the task... if we don't find them we or someone may and not in a docile condition... I am worried about who has what and where.

Alliteration is strong in this one . . .

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
It would be funny, had the US actually delivered any of that stuff in some quantity. Since we didn't, its yet another underhanded 'swipe' at US policy that didn't happen, perpetuating this misconception that the US is responsible for Hussein, particularly Republican administrations.

Now make those French, German, or Russian receipts, and you've got something.

Trezza

Sep 18, 2002
you know i just don't like that site because they blatently are copying the style and address of the real whitehouse.gov website. Only at the bottom of the screen in small gray letters does it say chicken house parody. I wouldn't mind the site if it was whitehousecritics.org or stated somewhere on the page that it noticibly was a satire of the administration. thats just my 2 cents

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Jeeezz...when did people start taking things so seriously they can't appreciate a joke? Whether you agree or not really shouldn't matter...it's just a joke.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Jeeezz...when did people start taking things so seriously they can't appreciate a joke? Whether you agree or not really shouldn't matter...it's just a joke.

Joke? What joke? I find no joke in producing the evidence to hush up the "where's the proof he bought WMD stuff"
Even if they find real WMD you guys will say.... "see ... now produce the Maryland WMD find"

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: HJD1

Joke? What joke? I find no joke in producing the evidence to hush up the "where's the proof he bought WMD stuff"
Even if they find real WMD you guys will say.... "see ... now produce the Maryland WMD find"

Listen son, I have had enough of your neffing, OT style posts! :p

Trezza

Sep 18, 2002

but the point is that its a joke that looks to the average idiot to be an actual whitehouse spokesman. You think that a terrorist with little knowledge of our culture can grasp the difference? I wouldn't mind if there was anything that obviously pointed out that it was in fact a Joke.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Trezza

but the point is that its a joke that looks to the average idiot to be an actual whitehouse spokesman. You think that a terrorist with little knowledge of our culture can grasp the difference? I wouldn't mind if there was anything that obviously pointed out that it was in fact a Joke.

Ummm...if someone can look at that site for more than 5 minutes and not tell it's a joke, then they are the one with the problem.

Like the Whitehouse is going to post a reciept for WMD to Iraq from the DOD...come on man.
rolleye.gif

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
:)

seems that some people are very sensitive about this matter:p a little bitter are we

nowareman

Banned
Jun 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Czar
:)

seems that some people are very sensitive about this matter:p a little bitter are we

This is some seriously funny satire. If anyone can visit this site and not realize it's satire they should see a mental health professional immediately.

This country has become the epicenter for product warnings. Must we now label jokes for fear they may cause someone some harm?

Would "laugh at your own risk" suffice?

After witnessing some of the caustic rhetoric on this forum some humor is definitely in order. Everyone can have a laugh and lighten up for their own good. :D

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Well, thank goodness. I can certainly sleep better knowing that we didn't spend $60 billion, wipe out a country's infrastructure, kill off a few thousand innocent people, and guarantee the Bush/Cheney family fortunes for the next century, all for nothing .

alzan

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: alzan
Well, thank goodness. I can certainly sleep better knowing that we didn't spend $60 billion, wipe out a country's infrastructure, kill off a few thousand innocent people, and guarantee the Bush/Cheney family fortunes for the next century, all for nothing .

alzan

Well, it was all for nothing. If you noticed the receipts were all for $0.00 :)

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
I said it was satire in my first post- I didn't think it was funny though.

Anyone watch The Daily Show? I find that to be the best (and only?) political satire show on TV. The mock "on the scene" reports are really funny. Although, I don't like it when John brings in Hollywood types for interviews- I did happen to think John Malcovitch was a hoot. In the past week he had Madeline Albright on.

All the other networks are a bunch of pussies. I find it sad that the only satire people hear on a regular basis comes out of the mouth of Jay Leno or SNL.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: HJD1

Listen son, I have had enough of your neffing, OT style posts! :p

Dad, your counsel in matters of such grave moment is with out doubt sage. As always, I'll consider it and discard it... Wait! This is insane... I'll not consider it, I'll incorporate it...;)

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: Zrom999
Heh, I wonder what a real WMD receipt would look like.

Ask France or Russia I'm sure they have a few hanging around

We can compare theirs with ours. See what market share we were capturing.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: BOBDN

Also do a case study on providing WMD to countries with non-insane rulers vs giving them to loonies.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: BOBDN

Also do a case study on providing WMD to countries with non-insane rulers vs giving them to loonies.

We could do that in house.