Reccomend me some good boots for not too much cash

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
My internship last fall bought me a nice pair of Doc Martins, and I REALLY like them. They're super comfortable, regardless of how long I've been standing in them.

I was gonna pick up another pair (so I didn't trash these in the snow, because I'm returning to the company this summer and will still need a steel toed boot), but I really can't afford to drop $140 on a new pair of boots.

So I need some reccomendations for a nice, comfortable, good looking set of boots that isn't going to break the bank. Just for reference, I was looking at these earlier. They're $30, but in my past experience with AE footware, they'll be ok for a couple of months, at which point they'll be so uncomfortable I won't be able to wear them two days in a row. I do a lot of walking and standing on hard floors, especially at work, where 4-6 hours at a time standing in the lab isn't uncommon.

Anyone have any reccomendations? I hate to just go try some on, because they almost always feel comfortable when they're new, I'm looking for something that will feel just as comfortable (like my Docs) after four months of abuse, and ideally, after a year of abuse.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
For steel toed, or any boot in general, the is no substitute for Red Wings. Your feet are the last part of your body you want to go cheap on.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Originally posted by: vi_edit
For steel toed, or any boot in general, the is no substitute for Red Wings. Your feet are the last part of your body you want to go cheap on.

I second that. I wore Red Wings for 20 years. Best work boots you can buy.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
I've got a pair of steele toed CAT boots. VERY nice and comfortable. Cost me just under $85 with tax, but well worth it.

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Whoops, sorry. I was a little unclear :)

I want regular toed boots now, my steel toe Doc Martens are going in storage until the weather gets better. These will be for wearing around campus to class and for everyday activities.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: MrBond
Whoops, sorry. I was a little unclear :)

I want regular toed boots now, my steel toe Doc Martens are going in storage until the weather gets better. These will be for wearing around campus to class and for everyday activities.

Ooooh. Ok. Got an outlet mall near you? If so see if they have a rockport store there. I've seen some nice Rockport boots at the outlet mall near me going for around $50.