reccomend a good FM Modulator ~$30

BHeemsoth

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2002
I need a FM Modulator to use in my car on my new Archos Jukebox. I would only like to spend around 30 bucks since I have a pretty crappy audio system and I dont think i would benefit from a more expensive unit.

TIA
Brian

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
i think you'll only get an FM transmitter for that ammount...never seen an even "good" FM modulator for under 40....prove me wrong someone :)

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
word of advice. pay whatever it costs to get it connected via RCA. i have had 3 FM modulators on 3 different pieces of equipment in 3 different cars. every single one sounded as bad as radio, obviously, and you dont want that. USE RCA.

fm modulators = REALLY SUCK

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
don't waste your time on an FM transmitter - the quality is like listening to 24kb MP3s. Definitely pony up for the FM modulator.

-=bmacd=-

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Drakkon
i think you'll only get an FM transmitter for that ammount...never seen an even "good" FM modulator for under 40....prove me wrong someone :)

ill prove you wrong - there is no such thing as a good FM modulator

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
connecting via RCAs isn't always an option, as i'm sure it is in this case.

-=bmacd=-

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: NutBucket
Get one that is hard wired. Will sound MUCH better.

exactly

and yes, it is always an option, unless you have the most basic of basic, and if you have that, why would you get a sweet jukebox? kthxbye.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan

exactly

and yes, it is always an option, unless you have the most basic of basic, and if you have that, why would you get a sweet jukebox? kthxbye.

I just meant a hard-wired FM Modulator. My friend was using one for a while with his MP3 box. It was soooo much better then those little POS things you sit in front of the radio. Granted, it sounded much much better when I found him a headunit with an AUX input;)

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

exactly

I just meant a hard-wired FM Modulator. My friend was using one for a while with his MP3 box. It was soooo much better then those little POS things you sit in front of the radio. Granted, it sounded much much better when I found him a headunit with an AUX input;)

i know that is what you meant ;) i am not an audiphile, but it seriously sounds like sh!t. you would be better served just spending a little extra dough and upgraded to RCA. just my .02

BHeemsoth

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2002
As i stated I am looking for a wired FM Modulator, not a wireless FM Transmitter. I was hoping that perhaps someone had experience with a specific model and could give me a reccomendation as to what they thought of it.

Thanks In Advance,
Brian

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Dracos
What are some good headunits with an aux input?

most of the ones that you see at best buy have an aux input. i usually buy sony headunits and i love them. they are awesome, sound pretty good, and have a few inputs (plus you can get an audiu bus for a lot more inputs including usb). the buslink for sony headunits is called the XA-300 (or something close to that) and it rocks.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: OffTopic
First one on Google @ $39.95 MS-FM MODULATOR

$39.00 Delphi SA10003 XM SKYFi FM Modulator

$29.99 PowerAcoustik EFM-01 PLL FM Modulator

$24.99 Starvision FM-07 Digital FM Stereo Modulator

$29.99 Pyle PLMD1 Wireless FM Modulator

i guess you missed the thing about the quality..he asked for a good one. besides the fact that they all sound like poo, you definitely wont get a top end piece of equipment for 40 dollars, end of story.

i have seen 3 of those things in action, and they always sound like radio quality. you would think since it is tuned in at point blank to the headunit that it would sound fine, but it doesnt.

OffTopic1

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2004

i guess you missed the thing about the quality..he asked for a good one. besides the fact that they all sound like poo, you definitely wont get a top end piece of equipment for 40 dollars, end of story.

i have seen 3 of those things in action, and they always sound like radio quality. you would think since it is tuned in at point blank to the headunit that it would sound fine, but it doesnt.
An FM Modulator is just a bunch of transistor, resistors & capacitors, some wires and a nob/switch in a plastic box that can be built for less than $2.00.

It is the same BS from people who purchase monster cables & gold contact that claim they can hear the different in sound quality compare to regular 22~10 gauge wire.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

An FM Transistor is just a bunch of transistor, resistors & capacitors, some wires and a nob/switch in a plastic box that can be built for less than $2.00.

It is the same argument of people who purchase monster cables & gold contact that claim they can hear the different in sound quality compare to regular 22~10 gauge wire.

you really are retarded. thanks for proving it.

edit: oh and btw, just because you cant afford high quality speakers and components doesnt mean you should rip on others who can. optical sounds better anyways, but use a POS RCA cable for component video, then use monster component video cables and unless you are blind there is a huge difference. even with sound, as long as you have good speakers that are properly amped and placed in the room, they hit harder and clearer. you obviously know nothing about resistance and voltage if you think its "just a bunch of resistors and capacitors" so move along.

OffTopic1

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2004

An FM Transistor is just a bunch of transistor, resistors & capacitors, some wires and a nob/switch in a plastic box that can be built for less than $2.00.

It is the same argument of people who purchase monster cables & gold contact that claim they can hear the different in sound quality compare to regular 22~10 gauge wire.

Here is a retarded rebuttal for your smartass commen -- Modulator Schematic

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

what did that prove? you thought i meant it wasnt just transistors, caps, and resistors? duhhhh those go in everything electronic you idiot. i was talking about your inability to tell a difference in quality. now you are super dumbass retarded, and lack reading comprehension.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
what did that prove? you thought i meant it wasnt just transistors, caps, and resistors? duhhhh those go in everything electronic you idiot. i was talking about your inability to tell a difference in quality. now you are super dumbass retarded, and lack reading comprehension.

lol!!

Have a :beer: MrDudeMan:D

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

lol!!

Have a :beer: MrDudeMan:D

lol thanks, and a :beer: from me to you as well :D

OffTopic1

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2004

Your vocabulary really show the lack of social skill and intelligent :)

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001

Lol. The ironing is delicious.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

bahahhahahahaha omg you IDIOT! can you get any MORE retarded???

oh and sorry i dont exercise a huge vocabulary while talking casually on an internet forum...excuse me sir
rolleye.gif