Reassessing Bush's legacy. VERY long article

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

crisscross

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2001
How do you take all the goodwill of the world after 9/11 and run it to the ground in 8 years is beyond me.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BarneyFife
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
I would say it was the way he provided trolls with an endless amount of stuff to start threads with.

At least you're being honest about yourself.

Exactly. I read the thread topic and didn't even have to look to the right to see who started it. ApologistJohn, of course.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Robor
I would say it was the way he provided trolls with an endless amount of stuff to start threads with.

Exactly. I read the thread topic and didn't even have to look to the right to see who started it. ApologistJohn, of course.
Everything after the first three posts is from another thread.

Why the hell they would merge a locked thread with this one makes no sense.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: GroundedSailor
Can someone explain to me how this isn't a troll thread?

You started this - you tell us!

Lol at Poofy..."Halp! I've started my my 4000th troll thread and I can't get up!

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: feralkid

Lol at Poofy..."Halp! I've started my my 4000th troll thread and I can't get up!

As funny as it "could be", ProfJohn is right (on his post above yours)...this thread is the merger of two thread. I started reading the OP and then noticed that the rest of the thread seemed very familiar. Why it was merged, I do not know.

Regardless, he is an apologist in both of the threads so at least there is a common theme.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Engineer
Originally posted by: feralkid

As funny as it "could be", ProfJohn is right (on his post above yours)...this thread is the merger of two thread. I started reading the OP and then noticed that the rest of the thread seemed very familiar. Why it was merged, I do not know.

Regardless, he is an apologist in both of the threads so at least there is a common theme.

Exactly, and what's happened is they've formed their own troll vortex and turned on their master.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Did Carter burden your nation with a huge deficit too? To me, that deficit, the loss in international confidence with allies, and the appointment of two right-wing Supreme Court judges are the main part of Bushie's legacy.

Oh, that and nucular.:p

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
If Bush is a minor President in history it will be because the US became a minor country as a result of his Presidency.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
If Bush is a minor President in history it will be because the US became a minor country as a result of his Presidency.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up... other then dumbing down America so much that everyone in America (except myself and a handful of others) can't figure out just how bad we got fucked by his insane policies and lack of judgment.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Well, the title of this thread is, Reassessing Bush's legacy. VERY long art... then blah, blah, blah, somehow Bush gets transformed into only a minor part of the current problem?

And when I saw this thread title, hey I am as opened minded as the next guy, we have a argument hypothesis, now lets see if the author of the article can support it in any convincing way?

And at the same time, given my well known love infatuation with GWB, my initial reaction that there could not possibly be an article long enough and with enough convoluted logic able to even allow any author
to even convince the author that they were anything but fooling themselves.

Sadly, Non Prof John, on that latter point, I conclude your link author failed on both too short and no logic.

But it does tie in perfectly with Non Prof John new worry current signature of "I worry about Obama?s over-intellectualizing ? that he will get lost in a maze of deep thoughts and fail to be decisive when necessary. "

And it perhaps best sums up the GWB administration. When the prevailing wisdom is think before you act. On one hand, GWB has been decisive to a fault, but never worries before or after the fact that he was wrong wrong wrong because he did not think think think.
And as a result his results stink stink stink as he keeps repeating the same mistakes he made before. And in so doing, GWB already has quite properly been awarded the sobriquet of worst President in US history. Another wasted PJ thread as he tries to cherry pick some idiot few have ever heard of to try to rehabilitate GWB&co, and its not even a good effort.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: dennilfloss
Did Carter burden your nation with a huge deficit too? To me, that deficit, the loss in international confidence with allies, and the appointment of two right-wing Supreme Court judges are the main part of Bushie's legacy.

Oh, that and nucular.:p

In all fairness, Carter said "nucular" as well.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Another attempt by the GOP to wash their hands of the last 8 years so they can elect Busch Light.

Feb 10, 2000
I find it idly entertaining that an ardent Bush apologist like PJ is now arguing that his presidency will be regarded as a relatively inconsequential one.

My own view is that he has made a host of awful decisions in every substantive area, and will appropriately be regarded as among our worst-ever Presidents. Laziness, ignorance and arrogance are attributes that do not blend well when it comes to being the most powerful human being on earth.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: crisscross
How do you take all the goodwill of the world after 9/11 and run it to the ground in 8 years is beyond me.

But! That is bushes signature! That's what he does best. Look at all the failures he had before he was president. Maybe the Good Professor can name a few.

He spends money like it's going out of style and literally bankrupts anything he touches. I've said this a trillion times and I'll say it again. Bush is trying his hardest to bankrupt the USA and ya know...he just might archive it.

Mission Accomplished!

Buck Armstrong

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2004
I'm already aware of Bush's legacy, and its writ small in crayon and fraught with misspellings and incomplete sentences, and lacks any sort of punctuation. The answer to the article's closing question is "both disaster AND detour", rather than one or the other.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I guess if a war criminal is considered minor, then yeah, Bush is a minor figure. :roll:

May 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Robor

Everything after the first three posts is from another thread.

Why the hell they would merge a locked thread with one that makes no sense.

You sound like a tape loop either way, and its quite funny.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
I guess if a war criminal is considered minor, then yeah, Bush is a minor figure. :roll:

Add TRAITOR, MURDERER, TORTURER and WAR PROFITEER. :|

As of 9/17/08, your Traitor In Chief has squandered the lives of 4,168 American troops, tens of thousands more American troops are wounded, scarred and disabled for life in his war of LIES in Iraq.
rose.gif
:(

Even even before the predictable financial meltdown, his war of LIES has squandered trillions of dollars in current and unavoidable future debt our great grandchildren will still be paying long after we're gone from this planet.

They further worsened the financial burden on the American people with no bid contracts to companies like Haliburton, who proceeded to rip us off, overbilling for shoddy goods and services and billing for other goods and services never performed or deliverd, and providing licenses to kill and shakey legal cover for rogue terrorists companies and political contributors like Blackwater.

Their war of LIES has cost more than lives and money. Not only have we lost credibility among more moderate Arab states. Even our closest allies no longer trust the word, the honor and integrity of the United States of America, and our REAL enemies, those who would attack and kill us, are regaining strength, daily.

And speaking of the current financial meltdown, regardless of where it started, your Traitor In Chief and his corrupt adminstration has had eight years to recognize that the foxes were guarding the henhouse and do.

The current mess was completely foreseeable, and it was predicted by many real financial conservatives. They had plenty of early indicators of the coming storm with the bankruptcies of Enron, Global Crossing, Adelphia and more, and instead of acting to rein them in, they and their Republican majority in Congress further deregulated our financial, energy and other business institutions and abandoned what little regulatory power they still retained.

Let's not skip this adminstration's complete ineptitude when it came to dealing with domestic disasters, including hurricane Katrina, and their failure to oversee and maintain our infrastructure, including bridges, roads, mines and more.

The result is, the totality of the Bushwhacko administration is that they may literally have broken the world as we knew it. Our military is depleted. Our financial institutions are in chaos, our infrastructure is collapsing, and The United States of America is despised by many of those who once respected our nation, our people and our values.

PJ -- All told, if we're to believe your incredible bullshit, I guess it depends on what the meaning of "comparatively minor figure" is. :thumbsdown: :|

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
It's nice to see that (social) conservatives are so desperate that they are willing to settle with insignificant. The GWB presidency is a complete disaster.

In ten years people will deny that they even voted for him.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
That Bush was a comparatively minor figure statement reminds me of something from my childhood. The gist of it was that my friend's dad was the guy in charge of the local electrical grid. And one day some very dumb raccoon managed to find some very strategic high voltage spot on his grid, touched it, frying said raccoon instantly, and all the resulting shorting caused massive damage all of over the grid. My friend did not even get to see his dad for many many days as he was one overworked fellow.

Yes, the raccoon here was a relatively minor figure with no brains. And GWB has no brains either, and instead of frying himself, he fried hundreds of thousands of other people, and caused massive damage that other people will now have to fix.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
What amazes me most most people here that voted for X2, love him so much they are willing to vote for him again X3 for McSame. How does this happen???

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
The article trys very hard to minimize Bush's incompetency and the damage he has done to this country. Under his term, the US started the Iraqi war, without UN support, without being attacked first, with a cause that has been proven false and without a strategy to finish and exit the war. The decision to go into a war, and the leadership during the war is the single most important job a President has, and Bush failed completed and miserably at that. The cost to this country? Thousands of men dead, tens of thousand more seriously injured, over trillion of dollar wasted, and is continue to be wasted, hundreds of thousands Iraqi dead for the wrong reason, damaged American reputation around the world, reasons for countries like Russia to start wars preemptively.

In addition to that, the handling of Katrina highlighted the kind of people he appointed to run important offices, and his administration's inability to handle emergency and help his people. Under this administration, we have not one but two economy recession. Under his administration, we see our right being taken away by the attorney general and the judges he appointed.

So please, don't treat us like an idiot and try to make Bush look better then he is, he is a complete failure and this country suffered greatly and will continue to pay the price because of his incompetency.