Reasons to vote for Obama

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
I have a pretty good reason. The next four years will be terrible no matter who is president, so might as well have Obama take the blame for it and teach America a lesson.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Yeah, count them up..the things you mention are like 100 people..aside from Iraq and Afghan. which GOP started...

A few more than 100 people but I get what you are saying. Too bad 100% of Bush's use of the military was legal. Not so much for Obama.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I have a pretty good reason. The next four years will be terrible no matter who is president, so might as well have Obama take the blame for it and teach America a lesson.

That's one reason I might support Romney. Get liberal policies, but still get to blame the GOP for them :D

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006
He's done a lot of things that are good, but everyone is obsessed over the easier topics. (Wars, economy, who has a larger penis, etc)

I'd rather stick with Obama versus any of the republican candidates at this point. I don't know of any good democratic ones.

Ron Paul is cool in some ways, but he's too old and nutty. (Pro-life, religious nuttard, thinks he can make everyone go to a barter system... etc)

I don't know of any other candidates even worth mentioning since they're all tools.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
addition to what?

don't tell me people are trying to attribute this to Obama????

Yes... AbSoLuTely... This "is" another BIG TIME Obama win.
Why? Because every single republican candidate has, in the past, disagreed with Obama on America taking any role as to Libya.
And...and...AND... This "solution" was done without not "ONE" - count them...not "ONE" single American life being lost.

The republican way??? Iraq, 3000+ Americans dead. Uncountable Iraq lives lost.

Sooo... poo to you.

And like Chris Matthews said tonight... If this were a republican president that not only got Bin Laden, but now has a win in Libya, republicans would already be carving this presidents head on Mt Rushmore.

You can't have it both ways... if Obama had nothing to do with great advancement in world peace, then Ronald Reagan had nothing to do with that wall in Berlin finally coming down.

Boy... do republicans get pissy when they are losing....

xaeniac

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2005
Why? Because every single republican candidate has, in the past, disagreed with Obama on America taking any role as to Libya.
And...and...AND... This "solution" was done without not "ONE" - count them...not "ONE" single American life being lost.

Sooo... poo to you.

And like Chris Matthews said tonight... If this were a republican president that not only got Bin Laden, but now has a win in Libya, republicans would already be carving this presidents head on Mt Rushmore.

You can't have it both ways... if Obama had nothing to do with great advancement in world peace, then Ronald Reagan had nothing to do with that wall in Berlin finally coming down.

I am a critic of Pres. Obama, but you do have a valid point. If Repub president would have done this they would be bragging their butts off. It took balls of steel to make the decision to go into the compound to kill Bin Laden. There is no denying that these are big accomplishments of Pres Obama. Will it be enough for him to win a reelection? Repub candidates in my opinion are a little weak and Mr. Paul would be the best choice though not going to happen as the true people in charge will not allow that. So kudos to Obama though it was not the hope and change. I am suprised he stayed in Afghan and Iraq so long and continues to get in other wars such as Libya. He is not a true liberal that's for sure. Too much money is being spent on foreign affairs and we need to get the hell out of there imo.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Well, every Republican candidate I've seen is a reason to vote for Obama.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011

Sooo... poo to you.

Just too bad that if you credit Obama with the death of Gadhafi then you are also crediting his illegal use of the military in Libya. Too bad that cake you just ate tastes like shit.

ComradeBeck

Jun 16, 2011
With number 2 big one for the big O I was thinking..

Damn shame Carter had bad luck with the spec op Iranian mission, maybe US would have woken up by Reagan's first (if he would have gotten one) term that Republicans are full of hot air except for deficits and lining their cronies pockets in big business, and of course dishonest divisive religious wedge issues. Maybe the Republican (and Dems) would be worth a crap as parties nowadays.