Reasons to vote for Obama

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Here's a few to start, additions welcome:

I couldn't think of any....
Funny how it's easy for the left, craig in particular to just attack attack attack the opposition, but never really supporting his own guy...

Save234

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Reason #1: The alternatives are far worse.

Why do you think GWB was President? We dared not break rank, the alternative was a Democrat. He scarcely did anything but grow centralized power, yet the small-gov types had no choice but to swallow it by your own logic.

You've a lesson to learn there.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Why do you think GWB was President? We dared not break rank, the alternative was a Democrat. He scarcely did anything but grow centralized power, yet the small-gov types had no choice but to swallow it by your own logic.

and here is a big problem with american politics today, we vote for the party, not the man, blind sheeple!

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

When that's the only choice, then you choose it. Not saying Obama is the best that could be President, just best out of the choices being offered.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
The alternative would be to let a fascist terrorist (aka Republican) ruin the economy even more. Which wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea if it didn't most likely concern starting wars against random countries. (The countries without Al Qaida members in them of course, can't be attacking the Republicans' friends!)

So, is that big enough trolling to beat the OP?

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
So, once again nobody has pointed out a SINGLE merit that Obama has. It's simply attack the republicans..... What has he done to improve your life? The country? The economy?

jmarti445

Dec 16, 2003
I got a few.

We will get to see what the goverment would look like if Carter had won a 2nd term.

Ok now a serious answer.
Obama had some great ideas and tends to listen to everyone on ideas to help the country. He is the first president to use IT in any serious capacity and tends to be in touch with what a lot of people want. He has been railroaded his entire term and I view him as a middle ground to america. He isn't a what I would call a true liberal, and he isn't a conservative. The ecomomy with the exception of unemployment returning to what it should be has recovered substancially since he took office. Remember it was around 7500 when he took office or at late 1990's level and it is up over 11000 so he hasn't done too bad on that regard.

When FDR took office it took 10 years for stuff to return to normal and it required a world war, I don't think Obama's doing a bad job. Though I will say this, I wish other democrats would run for president this election.

Last edited:

jmarti445

Dec 16, 2003
Let me also add this to my above statement. I'm likely to vote for Obama due to the current list of canidates on the republican side of the fence. If Rudy Giuliani runs for office though I'm likely to vote for him, I think America needs a leader and I can say for certain he literally turned around New York City from being a series of slums and crime ridden areas to one of the safest well run cities in america. He is also likeable unlike the canidates that are running on the Republican ticket.

Obama > Perry, Romney, Cain, Bachman

Obama much < Giuliani

If Rudy Giuliani is listening please run for office.

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003
Here's a few to start, additions welcome:

I couldn't think of any....
Funny how it's easy for the left, craig in particular to just attack attack attack the opposition, but never really supporting his own guy...

Save234

Nobody could possibly support Obama after he (as predicted) proved to be a complete tool for AIPAC, the Pentagon, the CIA, Wall Street etc etc.

I'd say the left has no candidate to vote for, as any candidate put forward by the Democrats will be a complete tool for AIPAC, the Pentagon, the CIA, Wall Street etc etc.

Still, the right wing candidates are even worse, because they add a dimension of religious fanaticism to being tools.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
He is the first technologically hip president and the first to use a blackberry. He is also the first president to refuse disclosure of email communication on his blackberry.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
The alternative would be to let a fascist terrorist (aka Republican) ruin the economy even more. Which wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea if it didn't most likely concern starting wars against random countries. (The countries without Al Qaida members in them of course, can't be attacking the Republicans' friends!)

So, is that big enough trolling to beat the OP?

Um, so far Obama has done what? Let's see invaded a foreign country to kill Osama, put boots on the ground in Libya, is deploying troops to Africa, has maintained both wars in the Middle East ...yea, those Republican warmongers :rolleyes: