Rear Brake cylinder replacement price

NeoSolo

Feb 20, 2000
1993 Mazda P/U B2200

I need rear left brake cylinder replace..

how much should it cost?

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Its not a break cylinder, its a BRAKE cylinder.

It might be a broken brake cylinder, but its definitely not a broken break cylinder.

Call pepboys, napa, autozone, etc and get an estimate. prices can vary depending on their house brand and warranty.

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Call Autozone and get a price.

If you are having a shop do it triple the price of the cylinder because that's what you will pay and add 1 hour labor. That depends on the shops hourly rate.

I'm guessing $60 to $80 labor.

Now, for that you or a knowledgable friend could do a complete rear brake job on both sides and have enough left over to buy something from me in the For Sale Forum!

SeaSerpent

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2001
Well, the part shouldnt be more than 25 dollars. Then you should bleed the brakes.....probably shouldnt take more than an hour. I assume that you wont be doing this yourself. I dont think Id spend more than 60 to 70 dollars for someone to do it for you.....good luck :)

Splork

Oct 9, 1999
I had to do this once. It's not that bad of a job if you have some help. You might as well go ahead and change the brakes as well b/c you have to tear the whole cylinder apart. :) Yeah, and the parts not bad. Around 25 bux if I recall right.

-sp