Question Realtek Audio Manager - where to get it?

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
I've been using webcam microphone up until recently for my communications. This week I finally got an actual microphone that terminates in 3.5mm jack. I plugged it into my motherboard, it works better than webcam, but there is still some background noise hiss that I'd like to get rid of. When watching youtube videos I saw people using Realtek HD Audio Manager that had "noise suppression" feature in the microphone section. I went to search on my PC and I can't find Realtek Audio Manager.

My motherboard is Asus X470-F Strix and I have latest Audio drivers 6.0.8971.1 installed from this page https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

I feel dumb, but what am I missing? What do I need to do to get Realtek Audio Manager installed?

EDIT: Well, I got my realtek audio panel. What happened is I went to Asus website to download previous version on advice of @Iron Woode and I noticed that the size of the latest drivers changed from 95mb to about 160mb. I redownloaded the latest version, installed it, and now "Realtek Audio Console" works, I have microphone tab with all the settings and option to enable noise suppression. Looks like Asus screw up where they put half functioning drivers up for download.

Last edited:

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Oh wow that is dumb sounding...do you need an MS account for that? Anyway, thanks for the clarification, Larry.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Well, I do have what looks like "Realtek Audio Console" windows app, but when I launch it, it gives me a spinning circle for a couple of minutes before giving up with the following message: "Can not connect to RPC service."

I guess I'll be reading up on how to fix that. Why is it so effing difficult to provide working audio drivers?

Insert_Nickname

Diamond Member
May 6, 2012
Well, I do have what looks like "Realtek Audio Console" windows app, but when I launch it, it gives me a spinning circle for a couple of minutes before giving up with the following message: "Can not connect to RPC service."

I guess I'll be reading up on how to fix that.

The Realtek console app requires a Realtek UAD driver to work. Unfortunately Realtek doesn't provide generic drivers anymore (except through Windows Update, but that's finicky), so actually finding a working UAD driver can be a bit of a challenge.

Findout what codec your board uses, then try to find the newest board on the manufacturers website which uses that codec. That should yield a UAD driver for that manufacturer. Otherwise some scouring of the web is required.

Why is it so effing difficult to provide working audio drivers?

Indeed.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
The Realtek console app requires a Realtek UAD driver to work. Unfortunately Realtek doesn't provide generic drivers anymore (except through Windows Update, but that's finicky), so actually finding a working UAD driver can be a bit of a challenge.

Findout what codec your board uses, then try to find the newest board on the manufacturers website which uses that codec. That should yield a UAD driver for that manufacturer. Otherwise some scouring of the web is required.

My board uses S1220A codec. The drivers that I installed were published on 2020-09-10 which is less than a month ago, and are labeled as version 6.0.8971.1 (actual driver date is 2020/06/16). I checked X570 Strix Gaming board which uses the same chip as my X470 and the X570 has exactly same driver published for it.

Do I really need to install this driver from github to get Audio Panel? https://github.com/pal1000/Realtek-UAD-generic

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999

I guess I'll be reading up on how to fix that. Why is it so effing difficult to provide working audio drivers?
mine is doing the same thing.

Insert_Nickname

Diamond Member
May 6, 2012
My board uses S1220A codec. The drivers that I installed were published on 2020-09-10 which is less than a month ago, and are labeled as version 6.0.8971.1 (actual driver date is 2020/06/16). I checked X570 Strix Gaming board which uses the same chip as my X470 and the X570 has exactly same driver published for it.

Asus seems to still provide HDA drivers. No idea why.

These worked for me on my Crosshair VI:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...io-(MB-Intel-2xx-3xx-4xx-amp-AMD-3xx-4xx-5xx)

(I dislike relying on 3rd party modded drivers, but I don't have anything important on my gaming machine)

Remember to remove all Realtek HDA drivers before you install. You can do this from device manager. Just remove the device, and check remove device software when prompted.

Do I really need to install this driver from github to get Audio Panel? https://github.com/pal1000/Realtek-UAD-generic

It's worth a try.

Krunchy T. Clown

Aug 18, 2020
I have a brand new ASRock B550 Extreme4 motherboard, and it's audio drivers suck ass. and when I search for anything relating to realtek on the windows store, it bring up nothing. when i DID have the realtek audio console, it had zero features. I may switch to an ASus mother board just so i can get the console that actually has an equalizer, and sound effects built into it. not this garbage audio setup that asrock has completely neglected on even there high end boards.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I've been using webcam microphone up until recently for my communications. This week I finally got an actual microphone that terminates in 3.5mm jack. I plugged it into my motherboard, it works better than webcam, but there is still some background noise hiss that I'd like to get rid of. When watching youtube videos I saw people using Realtek HD Audio Manager that had "noise suppression" feature in the microphone section. I went to search on my PC and I can't find Realtek Audio Manager.

My motherboard is Asus X470-F Strix and I have latest Audio drivers 6.0.8971.1 installed from this page https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

I feel dumb, but what am I missing? What do I need to do to get Realtek Audio Manager installed?
uninstall those drivers and use the 8666 drivers instead. Audio console will work again.

I use the Asus Prime X570-P.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I have a brand new ASRock B550 Extreme4 motherboard, and it's audio drivers suck ass. and when I search for anything relating to realtek on the windows store, it bring up nothing. when i DID have the realtek audio console, it had zero features. I may switch to an ASus mother board just so i can get the console that actually has an equalizer, and sound effects built into it. not this garbage audio setup that asrock has completely neglected on even there high end boards.
did you read the instructions from Asrock? Click on the bar at the bottom.

1602097303770.png

MadScientist

Platinum Member
Jul 15, 2001
I have an Asrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 MB. It uses the same Realtek audio driver as your MB, the Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8931.1_UAD_WHQL_NAHIMIC. When you install this driver, if you are connected to the internet, it should automatically download and install the Realtek Audio Console (check your Apps). Unfortunately since your MB and mine are Nahimic audio capable the Realtek Audio Console will be a neutered version. I have tried installing different Realtek drivers, i.e., ver:8967.1_UAD_WHQL_RTK, from the B550M Phantom Gaming 4 MB, but that MB uses the Realtek ALC887/897 Audio Codec. Mine uses the Realtek ALC1200 Audio Codec. I got sound but the Realtek Audio Console would not load.
And to further complicate things, Asrock's current version 1.002 of the Nahimic3 app is out of date and will not load. They have not updated the utility on their website for any of the Nahimic capable MBs. Someone though posted in their forum that Asrock emailed them a new version. I installed it and it works. http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16387&title=nahimic-driver-outdated
PM me your email address if you want a link to the file.

Not sure if this will work with your B550 Extreme 4 MB: I also assume no responsibility if something goes wrong.

Last edited:

Krunchy T. Clown

Aug 18, 2020
I noticed that too, the Nahimic suddenly stopped working, and ASRock's website didn't have any updates. I just want the audio console that my old ASUS board that had everything all in one package. Volume and sound Equalizers, and reverb effects, they were perfect on my ASUS board, now all I have is garbage on this asrock board.

MadScientist

Platinum Member
Jul 15, 2001
I noticed that too, the Nahimic suddenly stopped working, and ASRock's website didn't have any updates. I just want the audio console that my old ASUS board that had everything all in one package. Volume and sound Equalizers, and reverb effects, they were perfect on my ASUS board, now all I have is garbage on this asrock board.
You can try the the modified inf file fix. No guarantee though that it's going to work on your MB.
Edit: Just checked. Your MB has the Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec so I don't think that this fix will work.

Last edited:

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Well, I got my realtek audio panel. What happened is I went to Asus website to download previous version on advice of @Iron Woode and I noticed that the size of the latest drivers changed from 95mb to about 160mb. I redownloaded the latest version, installed it, and now "Realtek Audio Console" works, I have microphone tab with all the settings and option to enable noise suppression. Looks like Asus screw up where they put half functioning drivers up for download.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Well, I got my realtek audio panel. What happened is I went to Asus website to download previous version on advice of @Iron Woode and I noticed that the size of the latest drivers changed from 95mb to about 160mb. I redownloaded the latest version, installed it, and now "Realtek Audio Console" works, I have microphone tab with all the settings and option to enable noise suppression. Looks like Asus screw up where they put half functioning drivers up for download.
that's weird.