Really need to find the drivers for a Rockwell PCI modem.

Bad Dude

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2000
It's a Compaq modem with Rockwell chipset on it. This modem has two chips. I will list the writing on both chips:

Chip #1
RLDL56DPF
R6785-88
Rockwell 97
9908 B75697.5
Mexico

Chip #2
11229-13
Rockwell 97
9908 B77664.4
Mexico

Please help as I cannot find the drivers any where.

Thanks.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Google is good and one of the first links points you to driverguide.com

Here is the link to download.

Username: drivers
password: all

Bovinicus

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2001
Try calling Compaq and asking the name of the modem that they put in your system. As well, try Compaq's website. I know, you don't want the drivers that Compaq has to offer, but at least go there to try and determine the name of the modem so you can find the latest drivers from the manufacturer.

stevewm

Dec 6, 2001
You have a Rockwell HCF modem.

WinXP should have drivers for this, but your modem's PCI ID is probably not included in the WinXP driver....

However, Conexant offers generic drivers that will work with any HCF or HSF modem.

Go here: http://www.conexant.com/customer/md_driverassistance.html and then scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Agree. This will take you to the modem driver download page. Scroll down till you get to the HCF section and download the WinXP driver listed there. When you go to install this driver it may tell you this driver was not designed for your hardware. Ignore it and install anyways. Reboot and the modem should now work :D