Real Purpose for the war.

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
Okay, so we've heard some people say its for oil.

Here's what Pres. Bush and his Aides have said about the war to this point:

1. We want war because we have proof that Iraq is hiding Chemical and Biological Weapons.
2. Okay, since we can't really prove point 1, we want war because we feel they are in violation of UN Resolution 1441. No matter what they do, they'll still be in violation of Resolution 1441.
3. Hmm, since we don't have enough evidence to support reasons 1 and 2, we now want war because Saddam is helping terrorists. Yeah, that's right, he's on the Terrorists side.
4. Well, since the rest of the UN members don't seem to agree with us on whether Saddam is hiding these weapons, in compliance to article 1441 or helping terrorists, we want war because we have exhausted all diplomacy and war is the only thing left.
5. Wait, we want war because Saddam is a really bad guy and we want to liberate his people.

No, it has nothing to do with oil nor the fact that our economy is going down the toilet and we want to distract the jobless people from protesting our governments lame attempts to unsuccessfully restore the economy. We want war because Saddam is a really bad guy and his people need to be liberated. They will be free when their country is under our control. Yes, under our control equals freedom. That should convince anyone that war is the only solution.

SUMMARY and my point:
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the war. I think it will help our economy because history has shown that war brings up the economy. I'm sure, the Pres knows this too. I just think Pres. Bush needs to get a better speech writer and stick to one reason because changing stories in the middle just makes his argument weaker!

Here's another thought:
So, this war is to free the people of Iraq from Saddam. Since we're helping people get freedom from dictatorships, does this mean that after this war we will go around to other countries and free those people too? And why not?

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Since when has removing an oppressive regime been grounds for war? Correct me if I'm wrong, but last I checked, we weren't dropping bombs on China. Or Cuba. Or Saudi Arabia...

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
Are we there for oil for sure is that the main reason no. We are their too actually stabilize the Middle East. If we get a government that is favorable to America then they can have some influence on other country in the Middle East considering that they have allot of oil. Plus have a feeling we are telling other country such as lybea watch what you do or you may be next.

NightTrain

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Ylen13
Are we there for oil for sure is that the main reason no. We are their too actually stabilize the Middle East. If we get a government that is favorable to America then they can have some influence on other country in the Middle East considering that they have allot of oil. Plus have a feeling we are telling other country such as lybea watch what you do or you may be next.

lybea?

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
Originally posted by: NightTrain

lybea?

what ever country that was responsibel for the downing of civilian aircraft. Sorry don't remmber how to properly speel it.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
a quick copy, paste, and search of your spellling produced this...

Did you mean: lybia

google is a great fast spell check...;)

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Alistar7

Libya.
rolleye.gif

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
saddam has bio weapons, but they might be buried deep and so well concealed not even he can find them, he had them at the end of gulf war 1991 as declared to the UN and has not been able to account for them since. he also has illegal missiles, some with hollowed out warheads ideal for chemical weapons. and to top it off, he's not a very nice guy. neither was hitler

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001

...............................................................................FREE IRAQ!!.........................................................................................................................

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001

yes thanks that is what i meant.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Millennium

Libya.
rolleye.gif

Did you mean: labia? :Q

my post about google was sarcasm, but they are usually pretty good if you at least give them a chance and have it somewhat close.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

yes thanks that is what i meant.

UR welcome
rolleye.gif

Always accept all the credit but none of the blame.....

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
It becomes painfully obvious even to the most myopic. blind, liberal biased, head in the sand arguers, that when our marines (God love em all) found a hospital full of weapons, ammo, a tank, a sniper practice range, AND 3000 chemical suits --AND anti chemical injection needles a pretty good indicator that Saddam has been lieing all along about WMD's and planned to use them.

That is justification alone for this war. He is in violation of directives from the UN that date back to 1991.

The people that can't see this don't even need to post. They are blind to facts anyway, and nothing said here would change their bias.

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Tripleshot
It becomes painfully obvious even to the most myopic. blind, liberal biased, head in the sand arguers, that when our marines (God love em all) found a hospital full of weapons, ammo, a tank, a sniper practice range, AND 3000 chemical suits --AND anti chemical injection needles a pretty good indicator that Saddam has been lieing all along about WMD's and planned to use them.

That is justification alone for this war. He is in violation of directives from the UN that date back to 1991.

The people that can't see this don't even need to post. They are blind to facts anyway, and nothing said here would change their bias.

Need I remind you that in the last couple of apparences by Bush and his advisors, they were no longer stating that we were there to look for Weapons of Mass destruction? Didn't you listen to your president? He said we were there to liberate the Iraqi people from Saddam.

Tates

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 25, 2000
Need I remind you that in the last couple of apparences by Bush and his advisors, they were no longer stating that we were there to look for Weapons of Mass destruction? Didn't you listen to your president? He said we were there to liberate the Iraqi people from Saddam.

They also didn't mention anything about prescription medicines, taxes, etc, etc, etc......

Give us a huge break....
rolleye.gif

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Tripleshot

Until WMD are found, these items are merely a sideshow curiousity.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Millennium

Libya.
rolleye.gif

Did you mean: labia? :Q

my post about google was sarcasm, but they are usually pretty good if you at least give them a chance and have it somewhat close.

Libya is the american spelling...

Paveslave

Feb 18, 2003
I don't understand why everyone wants some magical evidence that Saddam has WMD to do anything. What does it matter, why is that a reason to now want to make a change. Who cares what he's got, he has done more with less in the past? Why does it go this far before a world power like America steps in? It has been documented in the past that he has used them on his own people, thousands of them. We looked the other way all those times. He has tried and tried again to invade, bomb, and kill people in the countries around him. He has built his power on fear, fear of rape, fear of torture, and fear of death. This has all been apparent in the past, yet we let it go on. He has given support to terrorists all over the world, and funded them with weapons, money, and safety in his country. As if only one of these many reasons weren't enough, the people of America still want more proof.
It must be nice to have freedom. We should just shut our doors, bring all our military home and just protect our borders. We should let the world crumble around us as we watch filthy creatures like Saddam and his followers bring terror on the rest of the world. Who the hell cares if the people of Iraq live in fear and are tortured by Saddam? It's not our problem, we have freedom. Let's make up tons of excuses why not to go, it's for the oil, it's for a piece of the middle east, it's to get re-elected, it's to finish what his father didn't....... Let's protest in the streets and flood them with violence when the sole purpose of the protest is to show you're against it????? What kind of thinking let's one believe that if we just sit where we are we will have peace? We have freedom and we should just sit here and watch dictators like Saddam torture and meme his own people. Doesn't anyone read about what goes on over there? How can people block out the FACTS like torture camps, rape houses, and daily beatings of their athlete's? Is it possible to shield your eyes to all that information and then go into our streets and protest a war that is going on to end a dictator?s evil power? People are ignorant, they are ignorant to life and what goes on to live it freely. We just sat around peacefully when two planes killed thousands of people in the Twin Towers. How can any American forget that, that could have been you, or your brother, mother, father, sister, brother???? Duh??? Wake up!! It's not about the oil, are you serious? How much exactly are we going to smuggle out from underneath the world?s eyes, especially when Iraq is only 3% of the world?s oil? So what that it might lift sanctions and they can sell more to the world...so!! Maybe someday we might somehow gain from freeing Iraq... would it equal what the first week of going to war has cost us (75Billion)? Hello, we are dumping our money for humanitarian support, bombs, and everything else to free them. Finally the money will go to the people of Iraq and not just to the nasty creature running the show now. It's a no brainier why we are over there and in my eyes we had no choice but to go and remove him and his regime. I am lucky I have the opportunity to get my chance to participate in Iraq?s liberation. When it happens, all you "war" haters will see what's been going on. The things that are going to surface in the future when people can finally talk about life under Saddams rule is going to make people sick to their stomachs. Unfortunately their will still be those who will block that out too, and more than likely blame it all on America. America did this, America did that, America kills woman and children.... War kills, and there is not much you can do to change that. On that note though, we are doing our damnest to NOT target, kill, or injure any civilians. Believe it or not, we are making historical achievements in bombing the crap out of cities with the minimal casualties that we have. I am sorry, but war kills, and unfortunately when you put your military forces, in, around, under, and between civilian buildings, you are going to lose a lot more innocent lives. When you put civilians in front of your armor, your weapons, and your military buildings, you will lose innocent lives. This is what he has done in the past, and this is what he is doing now.
Nice guy running the country, huh? Man, we should just sit back and watch him though, stay out of it and just enjoy our freedom... Sick, it makes me sick to hear all these protests against what we are doing. We may not be do everything right, we may not exceed in all of our tasks, we may not be a perfect country, but dammit, we are the BEST in trying to do the right thing and all you haters out there should open your eyes. Research our history looking at all the good things we have done, do, and are still doing. Don't be ignorant and just focus on the bad things. Bad things will always exist.... we are all doomed to sin. Open your eyes to the big picture don't be so close minded. Sure we might target a civilian building, but maybe there is a reason for it. Outweigh the costs for the greater good. Operational Risk Management.... if it's worth the risk, if it will better the reason, if it will shorten the war, if it will save more lives in the long run... do it. Cowards have it easy, they can sit and protest while others fight and die for everyone?s rights. Being an American means that you will fight not only for your freedom, but for those of all people. It is our way of life; it is what makes this the greatest nation the world has ever seen. America is more than just a country; it's a way of life. It makes other jealous and it makes people hate us. Wars are always going to have to be fought; freedom is never truly paid for. It is more of something we have to put a down payment on and keep the monthly installments paid or a day like Sept 11 will come again. We got lazy, and we got comfortable in our state of freedom. It's time to pay for it again, not only for us this time, but for those who have lived without it or have never seen it. Saddam and his regime are a threat, a threat to us, the surrounding countries, our allies, and his own people. Support our president, support our troops, and support this country! Protests dont support anything but coward ness, they don't create anything but chaos, doubt, and fear. I am sorry, but I can't stand it when hippocrates say they support our troops but not our president. I am one of those troops and you don't support me. I am fighting for what I believe in, I believe in this war, in our president, and in this country. Saying you don't support our president or this war which we are committed to does NOT support us! Open your eyes, we don't need "that" kind of support, we are already getting "that" kind of support from Saddam and his Regime.

Don't worry though, regardless of what you choose to support or believe in, we are going to go over there and fight a just war, get rid of a nasty dictator, free a people, prevent more deaths of innocent lives than we would if we would just drop bombs on everything and anything, we are going to kick a regimes a$$, and we will win! But your support for that would be nice too.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Paveslave
I don't understand why everyone wants some magical evidence that Saddam has WMD to do anything. What does it matter, why is that a reason to now want to make a change. Who cares what he's got, he has done more with less in the past? Why does it go this far before a world power like America steps in? It has been documented in the past that he has used them on his own people, thousands of them. We looked the other way all those times. He has tried and tried again to invade, bomb, and kill people in the countries around him. He has built his power on fear, fear of rape, fear of torture, and fear of death. This has all been apparent in the past, yet we let it go on. He has given support to terrorists all over the world, and funded them with weapons, money, and safety in his country. As if only one of these many reasons weren't enough, the people of America still want more proof.
It must be nice to have freedom. We should just shut our doors, bring all our military home and just protect our borders. We should let the world crumble around us as we watch filthy creatures like Saddam and his followers bring terror on the rest of the world. Who the hell cares if the people of Iraq live in fear and are tortured by Saddam? It's not our problem, we have freedom. Let's make up tons of excuses why not to go, it's for the oil, it's for a piece of the middle east, it's to get re-elected, it's to finish what his father didn't....... Let's protest in the streets and flood them with violence when the sole purpose of the protest is to show you're against it????? What kind of thinking let's one believe that if we just sit where we are we will have peace? We have freedom and we should just sit here and watch dictators like Saddam torture and meme his own people. Doesn't anyone read about what goes on over there? How can people block out the FACTS like torture camps, rape houses, and daily beatings of their athlete's? Is it possible to shield your eyes to all that information and then go into our streets and protest a war that is going on to end a dictator?s evil power? People are ignorant, they are ignorant to life and what goes on to live it freely. We just sat around peacefully when two planes killed thousands of people in the Twin Towers. How can any American forget that, that could have been you, or your brother, mother, father, sister, brother???? Duh??? Wake up!! It's not about the oil, are you serious? How much exactly are we going to smuggle out from underneath the world?s eyes, especially when Iraq is only 3% of the world?s oil? So what that it might lift sanctions and they can sell more to the world...so!! Maybe someday we might somehow gain from freeing Iraq... would it equal what the first week of going to war has cost us (75Billion)? Hello, we are dumping our money for humanitarian support, bombs, and everything else to free them. Finally the money will go to the people of Iraq and not just to the nasty creature running the show now. It's a no brainier why we are over there and in my eyes we had no choice but to go and remove him and his regime. I am lucky I have the opportunity to get my chance to participate in Iraq?s liberation. When it happens, all you "war" haters will see what's been going on. The things that are going to surface in the future when people can finally talk about life under Saddams rule is going to make people sick to their stomachs. Unfortunately their will still be those who will block that out too, and more than likely blame it all on America. America did this, America did that, America kills woman and children.... War kills, and there is not much you can do to change that. On that note though, we are doing our damnest to NOT target, kill, or injure any civilians. Believe it or not, we are making historical achievements in bombing the crap out of cities with the minimal casualties that we have. I am sorry, but war kills, and unfortunately when you put your military forces, in, around, under, and between civilian buildings, you are going to lose a lot more innocent lives. When you put civilians in front of your armor, your weapons, and your military buildings, you will lose innocent lives. This is what he has done in the past, and this is what he is doing now.
Nice guy running the country, huh? Man, we should just sit back and watch him though, stay out of it and just enjoy our freedom... Sick, it makes me sick to hear all these protests against what we are doing. We may not be do everything right, we may not exceed in all of our tasks, we may not be a perfect country, but dammit, we are the BEST in trying to do the right thing and all you haters out there should open your eyes. Research our history looking at all the good things we have done, do, and are still doing. Don't be ignorant and just focus on the bad things. Bad things will always exist.... we are all doomed to sin. Open your eyes to the big picture don't be so close minded. Sure we might target a civilian building, but maybe there is a reason for it. Outweigh the costs for the greater good. Operational Risk Management.... if it's worth the risk, if it will better the reason, if it will shorten the war, if it will save more lives in the long run... do it. Cowards have it easy, they can sit and protest while others fight and die for everyone?s rights. Being an American means that you will fight not only for your freedom, but for those of all people. It is our way of life; it is what makes this the greatest nation the world has ever seen. America is more than just a country; it's a way of life. It makes other jealous and it makes people hate us. Wars are always going to have to be fought; freedom is never truly paid for. It is more of something we have to put a down payment on and keep the monthly installments paid or a day like Sept 11 will come again. We got lazy, and we got comfortable in our state of freedom. It's time to pay for it again, not only for us this time, but for those who have lived without it or have never seen it. Saddam and his regime are a threat, a threat to us, the surrounding countries, our allies, and his own people. Support our president, support our troops, and support this country! Protests dont support anything but coward ness, they don't create anything but chaos, doubt, and fear. I am sorry, but I can't stand it when hippocrates say they support our troops but not our president. I am one of those troops and you don't support me. I am fighting for what I believe in, I believe in this war, in our president, and in this country. Saying you don't support our president or this war which we are committed to does NOT support us! Open your eyes, we don't need "that" kind of support, we are already getting "that" kind of support from Saddam and his Regime.

Don't worry though, regardless of what you choose to support or believe in, we are going to go over there and fight a just war, get rid of a nasty dictator, free a people, prevent more deaths of innocent lives than we would if we would just drop bombs on everything and anything, we are going to kick a regimes a$$, and we will win! But your support for that would be nice too.

Just a helpful suggestion, break that into paragraphs because a lot of people will be discouraged from reading it due to just the massive amount of continuous text.

Morph

Banned
Oct 14, 1999
Cheapbidder01,

Well-written post. You clearly expressed the reasons why any moderately intelligent person who is not blinded by patriotism should be skeptical about the motivation behind this war.

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Morph
Cheapbidder01,

Well-written post. You clearly expressed the reasons why any moderately intelligent person who is not blinded by patriotism should be skeptical about the motivation behind this war.

Thanks, just reporting what I see. I still can't believe the number of people who were convinced by Bush's bad arguments.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
AND 3000 chemical suits --AND anti chemical injection needles a pretty good indicator that Saddam has been lieing all along about WMD's and planned to use them.

It only means something if you want it to mean something.

We carry Stanke hoods onboard submarines in case we have to do an escape. Does that mean we're going to set the boat on the bottom and swim out. Believe it or not, it doesn't.
We also carry anti-c's in case we have a radiation problem. Does this mean we're purposely going to pump primary coolant into the people tank. Again, and I know this is hard to believe, it does not.