real anandtech emojis AKA smileys

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
i found a source of many of the real anandtech emojis, instead of the crappy new ones today. this is not all of them but i will be attempting to track every last one down.

they are hosted on imgur so you have to use them as an img tag with the URL. i wish their was an easier way.

if anyone has any more of the old ones, please post them here! i will update the list

7G3zITG.png
- colbert
BLOW5do.png
- awe
321gk9f.png
- D:
MxTUyfO.png
- biggrin
jnHWXN4.gif
- whiste
ObxVVYY.png
- : D
F1PvrRb.png
- o__O
oGUwQ4Y.gif
- rolleyes
Hdm2kDz.gif
- cry
nRy5Nfq.gif
- cool
jZGgghi.png
- hmm
FgCiqUj.png
- mad
6gOafzw.gif
- really mad
N0aAQ0v.png
- ninja
Bu5eQeV.png
- :/
y1IFwRZ.png
- sad
lOVLniU.png
- smile
GHnapSz.gif
- sneaky
Fayto6t.gif
- thumbs up
vBC2MvM.gif
- thumbs down

continued...

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
Just give it up man u will never be whiz kalifah, original emojis or not.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
Wasn't there a sidelong glance, kind of a quizzical "wha ..?" One eyebrow up. Also works as suspicious.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Here's all the ones I found so far that aren't animated. Many of you may not recognize many of them. :D

fanQvV7.png
They could use some cleaning. Pixelated, with extraneous bits on the borders. Really shows up on a dark background.

aJWf0FS.png

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
i wonder if the mods could add a tab to the emojis popup with the vbulletin smilies on there?

i imagine they would have to map them all to some placeholder like :vbulletin_awe:, :vbulletin_sad:, etc. and i don't know if that is hard or even possible.

but if it was possible, it would make me so happy

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
i wonder if the mods could add a tab to the emojis popup with the vbulletin smilies on there?

i imagine they would have to map them all to some placeholder like :vbulletin_awe:, :vbulletin_sad:, etc. and i don't know if that is hard or even possible.

but if it was possible, it would make me so happy

in my forum it's just as easy as add the images to the FTP and add the emoticon in the administrator control panel. I can't fathom that not being the case with Xenforo.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
I think it's more about copyright than anything technical about the implementation.

Reactions: lxskllr

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Actually it would be nice if there was at least a way to view all the smilies and apply them, but on Xenforo you have to know the codes off hand.