Ready to pull the trigger on Surface 2 Pro

crashtestdummy

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2010
Nah. Sounds like you're the ideal buyer. The only caution that I'd have for the surface pro is that it never feels like a full laptop for productivity, but that doesn't look like it'll be a problem.

rsutoratosu

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2011
My other question is thinkpad yoga which isn't out.. but there are other surface 2 questions on this section also

InfiniteLurker

Mar 3, 2004
The only caution that I'd have for the surface pro is that it never feels like a full laptop for productivity, but that doesn't look like it'll be a problem.

Just to give another viewpoint, from my perspective, using my first generation Surface Pro, it feels as good if not better than a full laptop for productivity due to it's size/portability in relation to power. However, my use case is probably why:

1) I'm using it as my main work development pc (Visual Studio 2013, SQL Server 2012, virtual machines, etc.)
2) 95% of the time I'm plugged in (no battery life worries - first gen remember)
3) I'm plugged into large external monitors, external keyboard and mouse.
4) For meetings being able to easily bring it and take notes is fantastic or access anything I might need (RDP into servers, etc.)

I'm so happy that I don't need to carry around my desktop replacement beast any more.

rsutoratosu

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2011
So I check the accessories, boy the dock is pricy.. Its faster than most of my older laptops which is great.. If I get the dock, kb cover, warranty, it'll run around 1600 for the 128gb model.. pretty pricy..

I still don't see the yoga for sale yet... I might hold off till Friday to see if there is any deals

rsutoratosu

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2011
tp yoga just became configurable this am. Looks like it'll be over 2500 with all the accessory and only available with 1 year warranty and no accident protection.

Weird thing, only 4 gb available on i5 and 8gb on i7. no other option right now