Ready to Explode

burek

Feb 19, 2002
Ready to explode

Speaking outside one of Saddam Hussein's old palaces just 50 yards from the British HQ in Basra, he said: "Our patience has run out. We've no money to feed ourselves, we haven't been paid for six months and we're fed up with broken promises.

"We've told the British today that if we're not paid by Friday, we'll arm ourselves with guns again and start killing every foreigner we see in Iraq."

Doesn't look good for Americans/British...

Edit: Original Link

Mirror UK

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
We did find boxes and boxes of cash over there, and I dont see why we cant pass out a 100.00 bill to each one of them to pacify them untill we can get more order in country. We dont owe them their past wages Sadaam withheld from them, but they do need to eat.

Only problem is that we dont have enough information to know what is REALLY going on inside that country, other than our boys getting fragged everyday.

INPUT! WE NEED INPUT!

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: mastertech01
We did find boxes and boxes of cash over there, and I dont see why we cant pass out a 100.00 bill to each one of them to pacify them untill we can get more order in country. We dont owe them their past wages Sadaam withheld from them, but they do need to eat.

Only problem is that we dont have enough information to know what is REALLY going on inside that country, other than our boys getting fragged everyday.

INPUT! WE NEED INPUT!

True, but you can bet conditions suck. I am not sure what the game plan is to make things better in specific and concrete terms. I doubt Iraqis are going to start shooting en masse, but certainly unrest will increase if things don't move along faster soon.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
Originally posted by: mastertech01

INPUT! WE NEED INPUT!

True, but you can bet conditions suck. I am not sure what the game plan is to make things better in specific and concrete terms. I doubt Iraqis are going to start shooting en masse, but certainly unrest will increase if things don't move along faster soon.

Agreed. I also think it would be better for everyone involved, including both the Iraqis and us here in the states, if we knew some more details about this "game plan" for rebuilding Iraq.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Agreed. I also think it would be better for everyone involved, including both the Iraqis and us here in the states, if we knew some more details about this "game plan" for rebuilding Iraq.
Didn't you see the memo . . . it's called cross your fingers and hope for the best. Plan B is to say "at least it's better than Saddam." Plan C is to say "it could be worse . . . look at Afghanistan." Plan D is to say "what we need is a tax cut . . ."

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
Didn't you see the memo . . . it's called cross your fingers and hope for the best. Plan B is to say "at least it's better than Saddam." Plan C is to say "it could be worse . . . look at Afghanistan." Plan D is to say "what we need is a tax cut . . ."

Sorry, must have skimmed over that one...but that does seem like what the plan is at this point from what I've seen in the media. Needless to say, I'm not too excited about that.