Read threads showing up as unread

Discussion in 'Technical Forum Issues' started by randomrogue, Jan 26, 2013.

1. randomrogue

randomrogue Diamond Member

This has been a problem for a long time. I went out, got some food, came back, opened up my browser and dozens of threads that I've already visited show up as "new". Even ones I'm the last one posting in. This of course affects my ability to go to the newest post on a regular basis. In some cases (the Jesus last name thread) it will send me to the last page when I click on newest post even though I haven't seen several pages worth of posts.

I'm using Firefox but I'm pretty sure it happened when I used Chrome too.

2. Ken g6

Ken g6 Programming Moderator, Elite Member

I find it happens when I switch between browsers, or between computers. I'd guess it's a cookie thing.

3. KeithTalent

KeithTalent Elite Member Administrator No Lifer
    Administrator

This is happening to me with only certain threads right now in OT. I'm not exactly sure why. If I mark the entire forum read, they will clear and show as read, but then after a short while they will go back to unread even though there are no new posts.

KT

4. olds

olds Elite Member

I don't think it's ever worked. On FuseTalk or vB.

5. Ketchup

Ketchup Elite Member

I find that this happens when I change my location, or my computer.

Another minor annoyance is when I receive a 'reply to subscribed threat' notification email, and the page starts with a post from the day before (or some time in the past). I always assumed this had to do with internet traffic at the time, or the reason listed above, and do the necessary scrolling. It's just funny that the correct post is in the email, but it does necessarily mean that's where the link will take me.