Read Delay Phase Adjust on Gigabyte boards!

Stole

Aug 17, 2009
Hi,

This is my first post! Sorry if I'm posting in wrong place, but it refers to overclock of my DDR2 memory...

My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3 (rev. 2.1), CPU Intel E8300 2.83 GHz, RAM Kingston KHX8500D2/2G (2x2GB)...

I learned that tRD memory timing (Read Delay or called "Static tRead Value" on mine Gigabyte board) has big influence on computer performance, and I set it to 8 (with tRD=7 POST doesn't succeed)... I know that this parameter (tRD) can be even more improved with setting "Read Delay Phase Adjust" ("Static tRead Phase Adjust" on Gigabyte mobo), but it's very confusing on Gigabyte board to set that!
It has only values 1 to 31, and it is not possible to set every channel and every phase independently (like on some other brand boards)!?

Can someone explain me this, please?
In my case, where I set tRD=8, which value I need to set for "Read Delay Phase Adjust" to get some effect (maybe 7, but does it affects on all phases and channelas, or...?)?
Simply, I don't understand this!?

P.S. Also, I found and read this article: http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3190&p=12 , with some table, but still confused!?
Please some Gigabyte user to give me some advice?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Stole