Read and Learn, You Semi-Literate Peons!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
The Real Rule for 'A' vs. 'An'

Class dismissed!
7G3zITG.png
7G3zITG.png
7G3zITG.png

website said:
As much as we want to inspire you to uncover the wonders of the world, due to the General Data Protection Regulation in the European Union, we’re unable to do so at this time. Rest assured that we’re working hard to implement new practices so we can do so in the future. We appreciate your understanding!

It certainly is!

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Do you say, "An Anenome bit me" or "A Anenome bit me?

And is this an exception to the rule?

Pretty sure you say 'An anenome stung me.' Because English, also because I've been on the wrong end of those buggers a few times. While the results can vary, I've never seen the work of any teeth. Pretty sure it's a jellyfish like situation, with nematocysts going pew pew.

Reactions: WelshBloke

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Pretty sure you say 'An anenome stung me.' Because English, also because I've been on the wrong end of those buggers a few times. While the results can vary, I've never seen the work of any teeth. Pretty sure it's a jellyfish like situation, with nematocysts going pew pew.

an anenome, my enemy, is not a frenemy because it stung me.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I bit myself trying to read that sentence.
Why bring your sex life into this high minded and fiercely important grammatical discussion.

Also . . . did you draw blood or was it all just a big tease? :p :eek: ;)