Reactivate your City of Heroes/Villains account

papaschtroumpf

Mar 5, 2003
If you are interested in re-joining City of Heroes, you can get 30 days free by entering the code below (full disclosure: I get 15 days free myself if you rejoin, win-win situation!)

It doesn't matter how long ago you stopped, all your characters and items will be reinstated (there is a small possibility you may have to rename a low level character if someone else claimed the name).

I myself rejoined after a few years and I am really enjoying getting back into the game.
PM me if you want to hook up in game and I may be able to spot you up some "influence" to get you back on the road to hero-ness (or villainness if that's your orientation :)

the full instructions are below:

TO REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT:

1. To reactivate your game account, log into "NCsoft Account Management" at https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/accountManagement.pl and follow the instructions below.

2. Click the "Use a Serial Code" link.

3. Enter the Reactivation Credit Serial Code provided in this e-mail.

4. Click the City of Heroes or City of Villains game account you wish to reactivate.

5. Click the "REACTIVATE ACCOUNT" button and provide your payment details.

6. Once you reactivate your game account with a credit card or a 30-day or 60-day game time card, you will each be credited with 30 days of free game time to your City of Heroes/City of Villains accounts. IMPORTANT: You must enter the serial code in order for you OR your friend to receive any credit. As long as you do enter the code, you will split the Free 60 days of credit.

Please Note: This offer expires in 2 months! Be sure to use your code as soon as possible to take advantage of this free game time!

If you have problems or questions, please visit our Support Center at http://help.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/ncsoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php to view frequently asked questions or submit your issue via the "Ask a Question" option.

You can find out more about City of Heroes/City of Villains by visiting the official websites http://www.cityofheroes.com and http://www.cityofvillains.com.

Welcome back to the game!

The City of Heroes(R)/City of Villains(R) team

ussfletcher

Platinum Member
Apr 16, 2005
I played for about 10 minutes. The first time I entered the game world a player walked up to me and gave me something like 99999999 of the in-game currency. I quit soon after.

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006
Played a few months ago for a small bit after a long hiatus... Got tired of it quick. I got to level 50 with a fire/fire tank in almost no time by farming the user created missions. Almost no end game content. If there is, then there isn't enough people to do it either. (Hamidon for instance)

I've played the game off and on, and it was really good at one time. Now it's not so great. There are not enough people playing anymore. :(

Arglebargle

Dec 2, 2006
I think you kinda missed the point there. City of Heroes is a game optimized for alt-fiends. It has seven years worth of content additions. If you ignore all that and powerlevel yourself to 50, you've just missed all the content. They are putting in more end game missions/raids, etc, about one every issue, but that's relatively new. They've got new ways to soup up your Supers along with it, so you can really up jump your power level there.

I have played for a long time, have multiple 50s, and I still come across content that I have never seen before.

Servers vary as to their player density, but if you go on Freedom or Virtue, you shouldn't have much trouble. Freedom for the more PVP inclined (though I can't say much about the PVP: it is not a focus) and Virtue for the RP inclined.

pathos

Aug 12, 2009
You know, I originally played at launch, and got an ice blaster up to, hrm, 42 I think? At the time, I played with a large group of friends, and it was alot of fun. We all moved on, and I closed that account.

I came back much later, and couldn't find my original account info, so I started over. I still enjoyed the game at the time. But, what really made it fun was the fact that the create a dungeon feature was still fairly new. Some players got really creative with it. You could find some very good scenarios that were 100% player made. The most interesting part was enterprisinig players found creative ways to maximize the xp for those. In quite a few, you could go in a solo dungeon and get an entire level for 1 hour of play or so. Group dungeons, you could get 2 times that much, or more. I remember duo'ing one dungeon with a friend was was 10 levels higher than me, and the dungeon was 5 levels higher than me, and I came out like 3 levels higher than I went in.

Eventually though, Ncsoft nerfed the hell out of it. So, that kind of xp surfing was impossible. I can't really say I blame them for it. It did really break the progression of that game. Even so, it really did drain any fun I had in the game out.

I've thought about coming back to give it a go several times recently and try to enjoy it for what its actually meant to be. But, I'm still just a little bitter.