Reaching ‘Herd Immunity’ Is Unlikely in the U.S., Experts Now Believe

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
No with exception of yearly flu vaccine, i am fully vaccinated against all other disease for which vaccine is available. I just believe this been rushed way too quickly without enough safety review. I'll most likely get it sometimes in 2022

.........and how many of those vaccinations have happened as an adult?
give or take what number how many times have you had a needle in your arm as an adult.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
No with exception of yearly flu vaccine, i am fully vaccinated against all other disease for which vaccine is available. I just believe this been rushed way too quickly without enough safety review. I'll most likely get it sometimes in 2022

No, you are not, unless you’ve been and are current in your typhus, typhoid, yellow fever, dengue fever vaccinations…and I know absolutely you’re not.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
No, you are not, unless you’ve been and are current in your typhus, typhoid, yellow fever, dengue fever vaccinations…and I know absolutely you’re not.
I am current on all my vaccination*. Last one i got about 5-7 years ago. * i am not counting Covid obviously and yearly influenza vaccination.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Rushed? Have a look at India to see what happens when not enough people are vaccinated or are able to socially distance.

Our response certainly isn't rushed, we have only just managed to contain things before we lost control of it entirely.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Rushed? Have a look at India to see what happens when not enough people are vaccinated or are able to socially distance.

Our response certainly isn't rushed, we have only just managed to contain things before we lost control of it entirely.
You're welcome to get vaccinated, no one is stopping you.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
That herd immunity is not needed, those that is afraid and gotten vaccinated, have nothing to worry about.
The only reason you have the luxury of not being vaccinated is because plenty of other people are.
The coward in this situation is you. You are relying on other people doing something so you don't have to.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
The only reason you have the luxury of not being vaccinated is because plenty of other people are.
The coward in this situation is you. You are relying on other people doing something so you don't have to.
I haven't followed any guidelines since March of 2020. I had Covid and didn't know it until blood test confirmed it.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I haven't followed any guidelines since March of 2020. I had Covid and didn't know it until blood test confirmed it.
So. You are literally hiding behind people that have been vaccinated. The only reason we have functioning systems at the moment is because of people that have followed guidelines and/or been vaccinated.
Look at India to see what happens when things start to break down.

Reactions: jman19

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I know of people who believe that if they have faith in the Lord they can survive a rattlesnake bite. It is very effective in keeping them alive and full of faith until they get bit. After that they quickly turn to science for anti-venom. These kinds of people are cursed by the fact they grew up without learning to reason. Hate to suggest you are an ignoramus, but you are. Not really your fault, however.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
So. You are literally hiding behind people that have been vaccinated. The only reason we have functioning systems at the moment is because of people that have followed guidelines and/or been vaccinated.
Look at India to see what happens when things start to break down.
What is happening in India is survival of the fittest.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Explain how i am not afraid of getting blood test but in your words i am afraid of a needle?
Explain why you are not getting a vaccine in the middle of a pandemic.
Explain why you are relying on other people to do that so that you can hope to have a relatively normal existence.
Explain why we shouldn't just think of you as a coward and a parasite.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
If you haven't followed any guidelines since March of 2020, and had COVID, it means you likely spread it to any number of people who you went near, and so you could be the reason someone went to a hospital with a severely acute case, or even died.

What I just quoted is what makes you a piece of garbage.

Fuck off, garbage.

Dec 10, 2005
If you haven't followed any guidelines since March of 2020, and had COVID, it means you likely spread it to any number of people who you went near, and so you could be the reason someone went to a hospital with a severely acute case, or even died.

What I just quoted is what makes you a piece of garbage.

Fuck off, garbage.
Don't forget this gem for Exhibit B of being a garbage person:

Reactions: nickqt and jman19

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000

Hindsight is wonderful. Would you still say this crap if you had a dead loved one who fell prey to this disease?

You walking around with no covering while sick with COVID - who knows how much harm you've caused.

People who don't want to at least have a modicum of respect for their fellow men don't deserve the benefits of a modern society.

Saying it for at least the third time - you're a sociopath. Please remove yourself from society. Thanks.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Saying it for at least the third time - you're a sociopath. Please remove yourself from society. Thanks.

Hes either trying to be edgy and somehow annoy everyone by making himself look like a total dick.
Or.
Hes a total idiot that doesn't really understand what's going on.

Reactions: sandorski