RCMP thwarts plot to bomb B.C. Legislature on Canada Day

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Because it's really stupid to blame all Muslims for something a couple did
I just seen another Catholic Priest got caught with his pants down, I don't think the Catholic's here support that.
American cops are in the news everyday, do we blame all cops for their deeds, or do we blame all Americans?
Who should we label the cancer?

Who's blaming all Muslims? You're just trying to make excuses for murdering terrorists, just like in gambling it's always smart to play the percentages.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Who's blaming all Muslims? You're just trying to make excuses for murdering terrorists, just like in gambling it's always smart to play the percentages.

You see all the posts in this thread blaming Islam?
All followers of Islam are Muslims.

Of course nobody defends terrorists, but a lot of posters here are so simple minded they have to put everything into big piles and make up extreme exaggerations to be able to make sense of things

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
You see all the posts in this thread blaming Islam?
All followers of Islam are Muslims.

Of course nobody defends terrorists, but a lot of posters here are so simple minded they have to put everything into big piles and make up extreme exaggerations to be able to make sense of things

You're blaming all Catholic priests for the actions of very few, why should this be any different? I think you need to look into your own hypocrisy.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
You're blaming all Catholic priests for the actions of very few, why should this be any different? I think you need to look into your own hypocrisy.

No.. I used the Catholic example to point out the hypocrisy
It must be that simple minded thing again

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
No.. I used the Catholic example to point out the hypocrisy
It must be that simple minded thing again
I wonder, do you think that Islam is a positive influence on nations? Those that subscribe it to more closely benefit from this? Or, do you think it's a neutral influence, or third option do you think it's a negative one?

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I wonder, do you think that Islam is a positive influence on nations? Those that subscribe it to more closely benefit from this? Or, do you think it's a neutral influence, or third option do you think it's a negative one?

I believe in freedom of religion, which means I have to put up with whatever comes with that.
I believe in separation of state and church.
Most things are a balancing act, you want freedom of speech then you have to listen to a lot of garbage.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I believe in freedom of religion, which means I have to put up with whatever comes with that.
I believe in separation of state and church.
Most things are a balancing act, you want freedom of speech then you have to listen to a lot of garbage.
That didn't answer my question, though. I believe in freedom of speech and religion, but that affords me the right to condemn what I don't like as well.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
That didn't answer my question, though. I believe in freedom of speech and religion, but that affords me the right to condemn what I don't like as well.

The vast vast majority of Muslims in the US and Canada do nothing to harm either country.

edit- People like Incor are far more dangerous

Last edited:

D1gger

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
Islam as the source for this man's violence is not found. Doppel, again reality discrediting your's and others' supremacist bigotry.

There is no question that Nuttall and his gal pal are both looney tunes, but I wonder what brought them to the Islamic faith? Perhaps even they perceived that it is a religion where some embrace radicalism and violence.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
And you just proved Mono right. I speak out when I see terrorism and I am dangerous?

Your stupidity and your vote make you a greater danger to America then any terrorist.
You've labeled me a terrorist several times today alone, all you do is battle imaginary demons on a message board.
If you had a chance to clean up America, 3/4's of the population would be gone

Apr 27, 2012
Your stupidity and your vote make you a greater danger to America then any terrorist.
You've labeled me a terrorist several times today alone, all you do is battle imaginary demons on a message board.
If you had a chance to clean up America, 3/4's of the population would be gone

This makes no sense.

I labelled you a JIHADIST because you're always interested in making excuses and attacking innocent Christians for no reason.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
This makes no sense.

I labelled you a JIHADIST because you're always interested in making excuses and attacking innocent Christians for no reason.

Ah ok, by attacking you mean I posed some news articles.
Which innocent Christians did I post about ?
The Priest diddling little boys? The Baptist preacher divorced 16 times, or the Pentecostals who let their little girl die instead of seeking medical help?
All of them were in the news yesterday

Basically you see Jihadist everywhere, that's why your dangerous

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
There is no question that Nuttall and his gal pal are both looney tunes, but I wonder what brought them to the Islamic faith? Perhaps even they perceived that it is a religion where some embrace radicalism and violence.
These were unstable radicals, their anti-social behaviour marginalising them to the sidelines of society and the records show an exploration of many ideological avenues. Islam is not at fault, as this case has demonstrated to be yet another excusing a vehicle for generalised bigotry against all Muslims. Very few here are interested in the case, rather heir prejudice show them Muslims and the generalised and ranting hate that is too common at this forum comes out. That is concerning and a radicalised danger to society.

Not finding Islam as responsible a cause nor to blame:

SOURCE

Last week, only days before John Nuttall allegedly traveled to Victoria to plant explosive devices outside the B.C. Parliament Buildings, he made a brief appearance in the Islamic prayer room of a Surrey, B.C. strip mall.

“We’re just sitting in our shop, he walks in and says ‘salaam alaikum sister’ and then walks into the musallah [place of worship] … I never saw another person like him coming to this area before,” said the female clerk at an Islamic book centre located next door to the prayer room.

Most curiously, he appeared to be holding a Christian Holy Bible, which he set down on a chair before entering the prayer room.

“I never saw him pray or anything; I just saw him enter the musallah,” she said.

Alam Khan, an employee of an electronics shop in the same strip mall, told the Vancouver Sun on Wednesday he remembered Mr. Nuttall as a mentally unstable man who fumbled his way through Arabic prayers by muttering in English.

“He doesn’t even know how to pray,” said Mr. Khan.

While the area’s devout Muslims visit the musallah multiple times a day for daily prayers, Mr. Nuttall’s visits were apparently so infrequent that the prayer room’s caretaker had no memory of the man, saying that he would have definitely noticed a tall, caucasian Canadian.

“I’ve never seen one white Canadian come to the musallah,” he said, asking that his name not be published. “This kind of mentally sick people; there’s no one coming like this to our musallah.”

But while he seems to have remained a virtual unknown to Muslims within his Surrey neighbourhood, Mr. Nuttall’s friends and family recounted seeing the 39-year-old’s quick descent into religious fanaticism; the apparent product of what the RCMP called his “self-radicalization.”
Doppel and others do not care about the specifics of this case. It's just a trolling vehicle of espouse bigoted and generalised hatred against Muslims.

My previous two articles were quoted from a politically identified right-wing newspaper, The National Post, in Canada. Editors that are far more rational and balanced than the loony-tunes anti-Muslims bigots well represented here.

There are reports of neighbours seeing regular visitors to this couples apartment with packages, etc. The RCMP is clear that the couple acted alone. As they are evidently quite simple and historically recorded as susceptible to varying radical suggestions, is this a case of organised entrapment with law enforcement providing the means and technique for unstable and radicalised militants to carry out an attack (with known inert bombs) that may have been unlikely without such organised help?

Again, evidence for Islam and practising Muslims not be prejudicially targeted for suspicious blame. Doppel and others will continue to not care about the specifics of this case, and demonstrate a detached anti-Muslims generalised and bigoted agenda to continue on.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2012
These were unstable radicals, their anti-social behaviour marginalising them to the sidelines of society and the records show an exploration of many ideological avenues. Islam is not at fault, as this case has demonstrated to be yet another excusing a vehicle
for generalised bigotry against all Muslims. Very few here are interested in the case, rather heir prejudice show them Muslims and the generalised and ranting hate that is too common at this forum comes out. That is concerning and a radicalised danger to society.

Not finding Islam as responsible a cause nor to blame:

Doppel and others do not care about the specifics of this case. It's just a trolling vehicle of espouse bigoted and generalised hatred against Muslims.

Of course are reports of neighbours seeing regular visitors to this couples apartment with packages, etc. The RCMP is clear that the couple acted alone. As they are evidently quite simply and susceptible to radical suggestions, is this a case of organised entrapment with law enforcement providing the means and technique for radicalised militants to carry out an attack (with known inert bombs) that may have been unlikely without such organised help?

Against, evidence for Islam and practising Muslims not be prejudicially targeted for suspicious blame. as Doppel and others demonstrate a bigoted agenda to do.

Why do you always defend radical Islam? You always make excuses just like another jihadist on here.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Why do you always defend radical Islam? You always make excuses just like another jihadist on here.

I know you hate people being pc, so I can just straight up say your too retarded for the internet.
Your parents aren't doing their job, they shouldn't leave you alone and make us babysit you all day

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
<snip> "bigoted, bigots, bigoted"
I enjoy how you're unable to make your arguments without calling people bigots (6/7 of your posts in this thread use the word at least once), supremacists, supremacist nationalists, all this crazy shit you've come up with and throw around like free candy. I am disappointed that you haven't dropped the term fascist or islamophobe, but until the thread is locked there's always the chance you will.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2012
I know you hate people being pc, so I can just straight up say your too retarded for the internet.
Your parents aren't doing their job, they shouldn't leave you alone and make us babysit you all day

You call me a retard because I want to expose the dangerous radical jihadists and stop the killings?

I post here mostly from work where I do have some free time.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
You call me a retard because I want to expose the dangerous radical jihadists and stop the killings?

I post here mostly from work where I do have some free time.

lol
Your parents let you pick chickens a couple of times a week.
The rest of the week (except Sunday) is your spare time

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
I enjoy how you're unable to make your arguments without calling people bigots (6/7 of your posts in this thread use the word at least once), supremacists, supremacist nationalists, all this crazy shit you've come up with and throw around like free candy.
Doppel, you are quite a mess here. Rather than this ranting complaint, earlier you applauded the label as a supremacist:

BTW calling me a supremacist as far as Islam is concerned is not an insult, more like an accolade.

Textbook supremacism:
I won't apologize for lauding the culture I live in. I live here because I prize it. To pretend that I don't consider it superior to others is to sully it.
You look down upon those who are outside of your group, who are different, to such a condemning extreme as relating an entire visible religious group as a disease that is universally perceived to be eradicated. Not hyperbole, as there are fellow members here on the record for killing all from this targeted group, through to their sympathisers and families... Violent and criminally radical extremism is present here, without a single 'Jihadist' insight.

I appreciate your first quote expressing concerning offense to being categorised as a bigot. It is vile and offensive, therefore if you continue to share a distaste of prejudicial bigotry, I ask you to please end its representation:
I said Islam is a cancer

Last edited:

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
Turning away from the attempts at diverting this thread to generalised hatred against Muslims, here is some more background on one the arrested terrorists, one who is evidently a rather ignorant and poor practitioner of the condemned religion:

SOURCE

The brother, who withheld his name and conducted the interview in shadow, described walking through downtown Victoria with Mr. Nuttall when he suddenly dropped to his knees in apparent prayer, pointing in all directions, screaming and smacking his head into the sidewalk.

&#8220;It weirded me out &#8230; all of the sudden he&#8217;s just flailing on the ground in the middle of downtown,&#8221; he said.

Online, Mr. Nuttall interspersed his messages to a punk rocker web forum with Arabic, adopted the name Masjid (Arabic for &#8220;prostration in prayer&#8221;) as his username for a paintballing web forum and even began picking fights with random YouTube commenters.

The brother, who withheld his name and conducted the interview in shadow, described walking through downtown Victoria with Mr. Nuttall when he suddenly dropped to his knees in apparent prayer, pointing in all directions, screaming and smacking his head into the sidewalk.

&#8220;It weirded me out &#8230; all of the sudden he&#8217;s just flailing on the ground in the middle of downtown,&#8221; he said.

Online, Mr. Nuttall interspersed his messages to a punk rocker web forum with Arabic, adopted the name Masjid (Arabic for &#8220;prostration in prayer&#8221;) as his username for a paintballing web forum and even began picking fights with random YouTube commenters.

&#8220;Personally I think he was hanging out with the wrong people and they screwed with his head a little bit,&#8221; Mr. Nelson told the Vancouver Sun. &#8220;He was always a few screws loose from drug abuse and everything else he went through, so he was very easily swayed.&#8221;

Other paintballers reacted similarly that their unremarkable former teammates had orchestrated a Boston Marathon-style bomb plot.

&#8220;Me vs suspected terrorist John Stewart Nuttall,&#8221; reads the revised title of a July, 2012 video showing Mr. Tetzlaff doing battle with Mr. Nuttall in the Surrey woods with paintball pistols.

&#8220;Yeah, he was a messed up guy that&#8217;s for sure &#8230; I only played with him for a few months before leaving because but he was undoubtedly different from the rest of us and we broke ties with him after only a few games he showed up to because we noticed he was a bit off his rocker,&#8221; wrote another paintballer in an email to the Post.
I am all for law enforcement instigating surveillance to build a strong case and deter harm, but I fear in this instance for the RCMP declaring this couple to have acted alone will pan out as incorrect. There is a large moral and legal gap between monitoring criminal activity to that of facilitating the crime, as undercover officers may have done.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
You look down upon those who are outside of your group, who are different, to such a condemning extreme as relating an entire visible religious group as a disease that is universally perceived to be eradicated.
No, I do not look down upon those "outside of my group", as there are many groups. I look down the Muslim religion. You clearly don't. Ergo, you support, since it is so entrenched within Muslim nations (note, these are not extremist views in Islamic circles):

1) Massively less women's rights
2) Condoning violence upon those who are not Muslim
3) Laws against criticizing the prophet
4) Floggings
5) Mass public hangings
6) Not having open conversations (the one we're having here could get me arrested since I'm critical of Islam)
7) etc.

And yet you think there's something wrong with me.

You're a special kind of nihilist ignoramus. You think you're attacking my intolerance, but my intolerance is not the problem. You're right I am intolerant of Islam. You on the other hand are tolerant of a culture and belief system that would see a person arrested for drawing a picture of a guy who died 1500 years ago. Islam is wholly contradictory to even the very first amendment of the Constitution, among others.

Islam should be eradicated, but not through violence as you so eagerly want me to endorse (you keep bringing it up), but through dialogue and changing beliefs.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
No, I do not look down upon those "outside of my group", as there are many groups. I look down the Muslim religion. You clearly don't. Ergo, you support, since it is so entrenched within Muslim nations (note, these are not extremist views in Islamic circles):

1) Massively less women's rights
2) Condoning violence upon those who are not Muslim
3) Laws against criticizing the prophet
4) Floggings
5) Mass public hangings
6) Not having open conversations (the one we're having here could get me arrested since I'm critical of Islam)
7) etc.

And yet you think there's something wrong with me.

You're a special kind of nihilist ignoramus. You think you're attacking my intolerance, but my intolerance is not the problem. You're right I am intolerant of Islam. You on the other hand are tolerant of a culture and belief system that would see a person arrested for drawing a picture of a guy who died 1500 years ago. Islam is wholly contradictory to even the very first amendment of the Constitution, among others.

Islam should be eradicated, but not through violence as you so eagerly want me to endorse (you keep bringing it up), but through dialogue and changing beliefs.

Out of the 50 Muslim nations, everyone keeps pointing to like 2 of them and saying that's how it goes in Muslim nations.

That would be like pointing to the US evangelist supported Ugandan Christians who want *hang the gays laws* and saying thats how it goes in the states

Americans&#8217; Role Seen in Uganda Anti-Gay Push

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/world/africa/04uganda.html

edit- oops, they already got their Anti-Homosexuality Bill of 2009, which threatens to hang homosexuals,

Last edited: