Razer Mamba is too sensitive. Heres my problem!

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
Ok soo back in 2000 I got the boomslang 2000dpi ball mouse.

Ever since then I have gotten different razer gear.

I had the barracuda headphones but they broke. Heres my problem

I never had trouble with the Copperhead and lachesis . their wired.

This Mamba jamba juice has horrible battery life. 14 hours. Also its soo sensitive, one piece of dog hair and the mouse doesnt move. I never had that with my previous gear. you blow it out and clean the pad and it works good but sometimes it gets stuck and keeps stopping as you move it.

I have tried cotton. It works good but when Im producing music the mouse cursor moves around as I try to work. They say on their site to use a piece of paper. I used paper and it was good except when the music plays the mouse moves by itself. soo paper was no no too.

Soo finally I a 3M precise gaming mouse, razer its got friction soo mouse doesnt jump around, however I like the cotton feel better. But as I said cotton the mouse moves around with music. I need a special surface that with friction.. but its gotta be small, as I have small mouse surface.

Wow soo I took alchohol and qtip and I pretty my raped the thing. NOW the mouse doesnt move with music,, or other stuff. Cotton pownz! something was up with my sensor Im shure!

Last edited:

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
I had a razor mamba as well, and I had the exact same problems. Thankfully it died and I bought a different mouse and am much happier. The mamba is a terrible mouse and even on a cloth mat it will drift. There is no surface I know of that makes this mouse behaves, and I have tried many different ones.

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
Wow no kidding my friend. WOW

Well they made the Mamba 2012 you think they fixed these issues. Also the mouse is infra red and laser both,,,,, so maybe they fixed the problem

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
Ya pay another 140 dollars for a newer version of my mouse that gives me the fits....I think the infrared and laser combo will fix the problem.. I bet not, but they did build it

Mamba 2012 , and you can change colors on it. Speaking of colors,, man my lachesis was good I should have stuck with wire LOL PLUS , they took out the pinkie buttons,, I used those.

man I dont know..... razer has soo much gear now and has gotten so big.

Last edited:

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
I really don't rate razor. The quality of their products is normally pretty poor.

You say its poor how ?

update your firmware on your mouse.

Razer powns. never had issues with their products,, got a tarantula and I love it and Megalodon hps and mamba jamba juice.. I might need to get the 2012 model , if it fixes the sensity and such.. Great tech support as well.

candle just cuz of your mamba issue you think razer sucks. Well I can tell you they ahve the biggest mark byte. All their products , its the true gamer company. ferrari like grip, its not plastic buttons,, its build quality,,, you know you had a mamba ,,,,,,,,, Ill pass on logi and their plastic buttons LOL ..

Last edited:

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
I really don't rate razor. The quality of their products is normally pretty poor.

The Deathadder 3.5G has been the best mouse I have ever owned. I've had it for a few years without any issues. I bought the black version just because it was on sale, and I haven't taken it out of the box yet because the old one is still going strong. I haven't had any problems with the Black Widow keyboard either, aside from the kind of switches it uses (kinda loud). I used it for over 1 year before I got a deal on a black switch mech keyboard, but I had complaints. In fact I put it back in the box and I'll use it again at some point. And lastly, I had the Carcharias headset, and it was very comfortable and sounded good enough. Mic worked really good as well. I went back to dedicated headphones, but there was nothing wrong with the product. I gave them to a friend who only had speakers, and he loves them.

Lets face it, probably all competing products are cheap chinese made products with little quality control, but I have not had any issues with Razer.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Isn't the Mamba a mouse that uses a Twin Eye? I think it is, and if so, well, it has been nicknamed the Philips Fail Eye, and for good reason.

http://www.esreality.com/index.php?a=post&id=2024663
There's a good start for other mice to look at. Take note of the links at the bottom of the article/post. The first link's first chart is more or less a list of go-to mice. The guys at ESR can be anal about this stuff, and those efforts can be quite helpful to the rest of us.

Also, non-laser mice, as a general rule, are far better at dealing with non-flat surfaces, like cloths.

Last edited:

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
Yeah I doused the qtip in alchohol and stuck it in the hole,,,, no no no sicko I mean the mouse hole LOL ,,,,,cleaned it. Now its not freezing left and right...... weird.