Razer Mamba 2012 Issues

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
I'm having some really weird issues with my new Razer Mamba 2012, and was wondering if anyone else experiences the same thing, or if you know of any solutions.

First, the left click doesn't always seem to work. I'll click to follow a link in IE, or close a program, and sometimes it doesn't seem to register and I have to click again. The really strange part is that this only occurs in one game - Deus Ex Human Revolution, but in BC2, SC2, Civ5, Witcher2, Shogun 2, etc - never a phantom click.

Second, the wireless base will not 'power up' when the system comes out of sleep (about 1/2 the time), and I have to pull out the USB plug and reset it.

Win 7, all programs, and the Razer software is up to date. I love the mouse overall (but wish it used regular AA batteries like the G700), but these phantom clicks are bugging the hell out of me.... ideas?

darckhart

Jul 6, 2004
+1 for exchange.

check if probs occur in wired mode. (probably not)

in any case, many reviews have mentioned your problem occurring with a (fairly) large number of users. it's one of the things stopping me from getting that model.

alphavortex

Oct 28, 2011
yep - same problem here. I will return it.

Ive been using the Mamba 1st gen for years - sweet mouse. This is why I upgraded to the 2012 model... why wouldn't I with the new features but... the phantom clicks are killing me - had it only 2 days...

I won't exchange it - straight return and will use the my old model until I know for sure Razer has it together.

There are other issues as well.. .when I turn on my system, sometimes the mouse wont wake up - way too buggy for use. :thumbsdown: