Rate my personality - Serious.

GoldenGuppy

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2000
Seriously (Mods, important :)), this isn't a joke, for some "weird" reason (I'm sure there's an ulterior motive), my philosophy professor made everybody draw from a hat a homework assignment. Of course the assignment is based on a survey.

There was an entire pool to pick everything from... some people pulled out , "Am I good looking" others pulled out, "Do I seem like an obnoxious person, some pulled out Do I seem cheap? or Do I look dirty (whorish) and so forth.

Of course I argued from the start in front of the students that such ideas are merely conceptual and that it would vary from person to person. ie: I may think that I'm cool, whereas GoldenBear has a different definition for "cool" therefore I am NOT cool to him. Stuff of the sort. however in the end, the professor told me to disregard such thinking ~ really funny consider we ARE in a philosophy class . Nonetheless that's what I drew from the hat - I have to take a sample of 200 (which is a lot).

Somebody actually asked in class where sample space of asking would be comprised. He answered that we can either ask students at school, our co-workers, or friends - anybody, as long as it reaches 200.

Of course we can all cheat... I can easily say that I made tested a sample of 200 students and all 200 said that I was cool! but then what kind of enrichment would I get from that?

So go ahead and vote on the poll... I'll credit the assignment w/ the sample space being from an philosophical community of Internet Experts ;) and leave the rest of the ambiguity to him! :cool:

Based on what you know from me, the way I post (which is a large representation of my personality) - please rate me from a scale of 1 to 10

Be as DISPICUOUSLY (sp?) honest as possible

><GG>

veryape

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2000
You seem cool enough. I can definitely tell you're young by a lot of your questions,not to say that your immature,as thats not what I meant. You have a pretty good personality and are funny at times.

GoldenGuppy

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2000

<< I'm trying to imagine you with a personality. >>

LoL :cool:

Oh yeah, the assignment was also based on the tact that the people you poll CAN or CANNOT know who you are... that's what makes asking around campus possible! I suppose that it's suppose to show that some people will make the assumption without knowing just for the sake of setting up "their end" of the table.

But I would assume that the take would be more accurate if te pool is of those I know. (duh?) ;)

><GG>

Hyperblaze

Lifer
May 31, 2001
You seem cool. I don't have any reason to hate you or anything like that.
And you do post some funny threads.good personality.

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
i have no comment on this subject at this time.

*kat. <-- voted but refuses to say what.

BrintonAA

Jul 6, 2001
Hmm, I would have to say you are a conscientious(however you spell it) student who cares about doing well, but gets nervous or overtalkative at times. Hmm, make it a 8 out of 10.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
You shot me in CS the other day, I think you are a meanie. ;) You seem like a nice funny young guy, I give you an eight. I just never said out of how many....... :Q :D

GoldenGuppy

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2000

<< You really have too much time on your hands, don't you? ;) >>

You bet I do, ndee ! :)

Besides studying, modeling, and well, studying (eating/sleeping of course) Anandtech is my only form of social entertainment!

I'm certainly the cool one :cool:

><GG>

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Man, i remember i wasn't even allowed to poll or survey on the internet without consent by an ethics committee :frown:

Jfur

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2001

<< Man, i remember i wasn't even allowed to poll or survey on the internet without consent by an ethics committee :frown: >>

Moralpanic -- do you think we should contact USC's Institutional Review Board Human Subjects Committee about this infraction?? ;)

GoldenGuppy

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2000
Moralpanic -- do you think we should contact USC's Institutional Review Board Human Subjects Committee about this infraction?? ;)[/i] >>

What's this about USC?? :Q

><GG>

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
i think a lot of you are not reading the "scale from 1 to 10" part :)

i have to agree with yobarman on this one, except you seem to have more patience with classical philosophy than i do.

i give you a 9 since nobody is perfect, but you come damn close to it considering that you remind me of myself ;)

Jfur

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2001

<< Moralpanic -- do you think we should contact USC's Institutional Review Board Human Subjects Committee about this infraction?? ;) >>

What's this about USC?? :Q

><GG>[/i] >>

I thought you were there. Am I mistaken? :)

GoldenGuppy

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2000

<< I thought you were there. Am I mistaken? :) >>

Of course! But I thought that you were conspiring to make my well being there even worse! I mean, I do live up there too, so my well being is already subpar :(

No need to contact USC's Institutional Review Board Human Subjects Committee to threaten my stay! Why can't we just all keep this to ourselves! :Q

(GG runs off screaming) -> (but trips and falls on ass!) -> "ARARCH, my ass!" :cool:

><GG>

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
GG now hear this. I don't know wether to love you or hate you. In another thread you mention you like singing along to NSYNC songs. I hope you die. But yet you pleasure me with such posts as that how to get women article, or that fine fine fine pic of that fine fine girl in your profile. I don't know GG. Maybe if you weren't such a flamer I would have much love for you ;)

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
Given that you:

*Post 20 times a day here
*Like to put lots of bold in your posts
*Refer to yourself from the 3rd person
*Have one of the least heterosexual closings to your posts
*Have quotes of people in your sig in which they refer to you
*Always have a tremendous need to know what others think of you

If all my experience with you were from these boards, I'd say you're very cocky and are very insecure about yourself.

However, I happen to know better ;)

GoldenGuppy

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2000

<< Guppie personality >>

Ha! Excellent! :D

<< Guppies are an interesting species to study. They swim in social groups and they face great danger from predators. What is the structure of these social groups, or schools, and how do they protect the members from predators? Guppies are also very interesting to study because researchers have found that different populations of guppies act quite differently. >>

That's classic right there.... almost all the social norms and groups that I have learned in the Principles of Sociology are present there. The social order of primary and secondary groups are also intact :) I guess we really are an interesting species to study ;)

I wonder how we deal with the on going issue of social disorder and crimes (GG reads on)

------------------------

<< GG now hear this. I don't know wether to love you or hate you. In another thread you mention you like singing along to NSYNC songs. >>

Seriously now, is there something wrong w/ a guy enjoying the rad dance moves and musical stylings of a boy band? I mean, I learn most of my moves from them, and it works pretty well :) - and their music is up tempo and full of funk. Sure, sometimes when you first listen to the lyrics, they sound really bad, but this has got to be one of those groups that brings out the songs that spike up the life in you! :)

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
Are you sick and tired of hearing all these people talking about what's the deal with this pop life and when is it going to fade out?

GoldenGuppy

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2000

<< Are you sick and tired of hearing all these people talking about what's the deal with this pop life and when is it going to fade out? >>

Correction:

Sick and tired of hearing
All these people talk about
What's the deal with this pop life
And when is gonna fade out

><GG>

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
Whatever, I'll take your expertise in boy band lyrics and anything else of the non-heterosexual idea point over mine anyday.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
GG now hear this. I don't know wether to love you or hate you. In another thread you mention you like singing along to NSYNC songs

Er, is there any way to change your vote?