Raspberry Pi Alpha boards born: the $25 computer is gaining steam

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
looks pretty sweet to me. they said there will probably be a $35 version that has more ram. but still, add a $100 touchscreen and you have instant tablet. or use it as a media server. or a diy roku box (1080p output!). or pretty much anything. i am freakin excited to buy one of these! (or like 10 of them)

34hg9ip.jpg

http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Last edited:

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
the final board is approved and going into production! sales will be first come first serve, and they havent started taking orders yet but we are just weeks away!

gerbers2.png

it is officially the exact size of a credit card footprint. windows 7/8 will fit in your pocket, no joke!!

i just ordered a sticker too. $5 freakin bucks!! but its not for the sticker, its more of a donation to the cause. they are selling stickers first to make sure all ordering systems are go for when they finally sell the boards... and maybe people who bought stickers will get a discount on the first boards? :D maybe not but whatever, this is too cool either way

Last edited:

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
imgp5767.jpg

this gives you an idea just how small this is going to be. stick it in a stuffed animal to make a windows teddy bear!

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Looks kinda cool, I don't know what kind of performance to expect from it, but if it can decode 1080p video it's probably capable enough to use for a small little web server or something along those lines ... could be a fun little toy to mess with ...

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
its going to be capable of a TON of things. the fact that you will be able to set these up and run them headless (consuming a whopping 2 watts or whatever) you can imagine how many gadgets can be modded to do any custom task you want. for $25. twenty five bucks for a High Def PC!