Rant: Why T-mobile sucks.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PhaZe

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 1999
Originally posted by: werk
Originally posted by: HiTek21
I got my Tmobile Service & Phone a little phone store near my house. Got my samsung s105 for 70 out the door and a 50 mail in rebate. I had thought about buying from amazon but the 200 MIR was just too much of a risk because I just might not get it back.
Yeah I'm waiting for them to get back to me about where the fvck my $200 rebate is...I bought the phone if fvcking February and still haven't gotten it. :| :| :|

Sh1t I bought mine in June and I barely sent off the rebate!
:disgust: :Q

V00DOO

Diamond Member
Dec 2, 2000
So I sign up in the store to avoid the hassle of activation myself

First, even if you activated your account with your local T-Mobile, you still need to wait for your phone to arrive from Amazon.
Second, to activate the 3650 all you have to do is insert the Sim card and power on. (I don't think that's a lot of hassle, maybe it's just me)
Third, why would you think Amazon will give you a Free phone when you signed your contract elsewhere where Amazon doesn't get a Penny from your contract.

I agreed the Sales Rep shouldn't have misinformed you about the free phone thru amazon but if you apply common sense you would have figured that out. With all that being said, I hope you get your new phone.

hopeless879

Mar 4, 2002
Originally posted by: V00DOO
So I sign up in the store to avoid the hassle of activation myself

First, even if you activated your account with your local T-Mobile, you still need to wait for your phone to arrive from Amazon.
Second, to activate the 3650 all you have to do is insert the Sim card and power on. (I don't think that's a lot of hassle, maybe it's just me)
Third, why would you think Amazon will give you a Free phone when you signed your contract elsewhere where Amazon doesn't get a Penny from your contract.

I agreed the Sales Rep shouldn't have misinformed you about the free phone thru amazon but if you apply common sense you would have figured that out. With all that being said, I hope you get your new phone.

I already have one of those pre-paid phones through t-mobile, so I was just going to use that under contract with t-mobile until my new phone came. I didn't know anything about how to activate the phone, as simple as it seems, I didnt have a clue at the time and was already in the store, so why not? Not sure why amazon offers the rebate when you sign up new with t-mobile, but they do.