Rant: Some people just never listen.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
But that would mean that you would get a nicely packaged, insured, and ticking package from TCWO ;)

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
Didn't read the replies...

But dennil, just let him go...ignore his computer requests and whatnot from now on. Firstly, because he has proven he doesn't believe a word you say about computers. Secondly, because in a few weeks when he realizes he has been jacked he will come running to you blaming you for letting him do this instead of taking responsibility for his own stupidity.

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Yeah I agree, don't help him anymore, next time he needs overpriced outdated hardware tell him to call me, i'll give him a heck of a deal ;) hehe

BiggieN

Banned
Apr 3, 2000
i hate people like that...i know i have given wrong advice in the past....but compcrap (paq of wolves) is absolutely the worst brand to get...so my frined decides to get that and he got his comp from best buy of all places. man...and he keeps on thinking that its a fast comp. hey if your neighbor ever needs to buy some stuff refer him to me...i'll give him a run for the money! LOL :D i think i have some p166 WITH MMX TECHNOLOGY lying around for him...

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
Some people need to be burned before they really learn to keeps their hands away from the stove. Hopefully he'll learn his lesson.

My dad was the same way last year. I practically had to beg him not to buy a Hewlett Packard and to let me build one for him. :)

I'm Typing

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
When he comes to you with problems, just say to him "I am too busy working with people who VALUE my advice. Please go back to (whatever a$$hole salesman sold him the card) for advice, since you are willing to give him your hard earned money."

Or you could just start charging him.

One of the things that amazes me about computer work is that, free advice always falls on deaf ears...but if they are PAYING you to help them, they tend to do what you say...I consider that a WIN-WIN situation.
:)

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Dennil: Forgive and forget. I'm still helping friends who disregarded my advice. People don't listen for a variety of reasons and usually they act on impulse. We are all like that about something. It's just human nature.

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
So now I am the neighborhood &quot;disgruntled computer tech&quot;. Where did that come from? Ohhhhh.... OK. I know how this group works. ;)