RANT: So I'm fielding bids for a contract to produce goods in China and...

AccruedExpenditure

Diamond Member
May 12, 2001
As some of you know, i'm actively trying to get into the Import/Export Business

I received the following message from a business owner in China bidding for the a contract to produce undergarments for export to West Africa:
i have three factories: one is in the making various kinds of handmade goods, such as gifts, hair ornaments and so on; another is in the making various kinds of bags, school bags, backpacks and so on; the third is in make many kinds of clothing.

I AM REALLY WILLING TO SERVE YOU, AND TO COOPERATE WITH YOU.

Below is my own company.

MANUFACTURER, EXPORTER, AGENT, IMPORTER AND SO ON.

I HAVE ANY FRESH GOODS, AND ALSO HAVE ANY STOCKS.

Welcome to cooperate with me on business. If you can provide the new design, I can do my best to meet your demands. Our company can make many kinds of no poison vegetables, for example, cucumbers, towel gourds, tomatoes and so on. Of course we can make other kinds of vegetables, according to your specimen.

I know english probably isn't this guy's first language... but we're doing business here, it doesn't reflect on his business very highly if he's saying things like "Welcome to cooperate with me on business."

Oh and wtf is a "no poison vegetable?":confused:

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
He's probably trying to say that they are organic, or at least his version of organic.

He could also be saying that to say that the produce looks a little worse for wear.

ShowdOWN

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2002
most of the time when dealing with companies from overseas, you will get that type of grammar. my company deals with a lot of manufacturers from korea, china and taiwan. I see this all the time, especially in documents and manuals they send with some of their products.

AccruedExpenditure

Diamond Member
May 12, 2001
Originally posted by: PanzerIV
Of course we can make other kinds of vegetables, according to your specimen.

LMAO. That's the part that had me cracking up.

Yes... I wonder what kind of equipment they use to make vegetables... we're stuck with plain ol soil, seeds, and water here in California :confused: