Rant: OfficeMax ( one more! Damnit! )

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Thankfully, I didn't have to dial 911, or put anyone's head in a brace this time.

But I am still pissed off at officemax. I went there to pickup the Belkin 10/100 Nic card for $5 after a $5 MIR and $5 IR. (UPC: 722868-383810) I also had them running around looking for other stuff, like the wireless 802.11b card w/free desktop adapter, but they coun't find that. Well, the stupid Nic card came up to $14.99 on the screen, and I had them check the ad, and they said it comes up at the end witht he rebates. Even the IR ones. Ok, sure.

Here is the big deal. I bought 4 packs of slim cd cases that were $7.99 buy one get one free (UPC: 051122-410857). After checking oput, I looked at my reciept. It said 2 2 7.99 = 15.98, then under that it had the free one which said 1 @ -7.99 = 7.99 So I read that is there being a max of 1 for free no mater how many bought.

I am fine with that even though it said no limits on the sign. I went back and returned the 2 that I paid full price for before I even walked out the front door. The cashier wanbted to know if I wanted to return them, then buy them again to get the 2 for 1 deal, and I said noi, that would be cheating. ( I hate people who do that, and I refuse to ) so I got my $15.98 back on my card, then left.

Here is the kicker. I got home, and found that when I did the addition myself, that I was charged correctly the first time. even though the reciept clearly said I only got 1 for free, it actually gave me both. So I decide to drive back to the store, and pay the $7.99 that I owed them. I talked to the same casheer, and told her that she could cancel the refund and give me back the 2 I returned, or charge me $7.99 and give me nothing. Aparently, this confused the hell out of her, and she called her manager. It confused the hell out of him to. I tried explaining it 20 different ways, but he just couldn't figure it out. It's not that damn hard!

After about 15 minutes he finaly figures it out, and charges me $7.99 and does not give me anything. Then, and this is what pisses me off: HE DID NOT SAY THANK YOU! That little flucker! Granted it was only $8 but who cares! He didn't say anything! he handed me my reciept and started talking to 2 of his friends that came in the store in the middle of our conversation. ARRGH! I NEVER EVER forgot to say thank you for any reason where I used to work @ Home Depot. Even if it was a customer who I knew was wrong, I still said thank you.

I drive all the way back to the store to make sure I am charged the correct price, and I don't even get that courticy! I am fricking pissed. i'll make sure not to shop at that store any more :|

NewSc2

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
I would never have bothered with returning the money back in the first place.

Kevin

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
Wow, honest man. Here in NY, we call something like that "A lucky day"...

;)

RichieZ

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2000
Ya office max is great, they decide to ship me two printers and charge me twice. And then wake me up at 7am when the guy comes to pick up the extra one. Then they keep saying o u'll be refunded. I must have called like 10X to finally get my refund!

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
ARRGH!!! I just opened the packs of CD cases, and one pack looks like it was dropped and is all broken on one side! Now I have to go back! Arrgh!

BeeVo

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2000
Being nice can only go so far.....Go back and buy as many cases as you can.