Rant: iPod Settlement

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
So back in September I filed a claim with the iPod settlement, as my 1st gen iPod's battery had passed their threshold a year or so prior to that. After having not heard back from Apple in months, I assumed it a lost cause...

Until today. Dated April 14th, they've finally approved my claim, a good 7 months after I filed it. Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy they approved it as they certainly didn't have to be this nice, but 7 months for a response is a bit ridiculous. Not only is it well past the 6-8 weeks they said it would take, but I've had freaking mail-in rebates arrive faster than that, and in those cases the companies in question will do just about anything to avoid paying out. I really don't know what's took Apple so long to rubber-stamp a claim, but 7 months is really pushing it; they can and normally are much better than this.:|

On a related note, this brings up the question on if I should send it in for a battery replacement or not. 1st gen iPods are fairly rare, so if I send it in Apple may send back a newer model which they have a bigger supply of. That of course takes half the fun out of this, since so few people have seen an iPod with a mechanical scroll wheel; it's retro if nothing else.:p

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Yanagi
care to sell it? :D
Hell no.:p I'm going to the grave with this thing, if only as proof I was trendy enough to buy one before everyone else(besides, I really do like the mechanical wheel more).;)